Renew APRC - are forms online?

Got a new passport which means that I need to apply for a new card for my APRC. I think I read somewhere here that one can fill out the forms to renew the APRC online? Search at NIA’s website has turned many forms except this one. Does anyone have a link/inkling?

I think the online form you read here might be a form on the 183 day rule.

Same form with apply ARC, renew ARC, make APRC, renew APRC… The one with “multipurpose” in the title.
Download, fill it out and face the officer at the counter.
Better to get the fresh form at the NIA, because i feel the printed form have no bar codes.

Well, got my awful close ups, new passport and old, APRC…and new pens. Ready.

1 Like

Muchas gracias. Many thank yous.

Oh,where’s my brain?

In addition to renewing your APRC due to your new passport number, you also have to renew your Open Work Permit as that document also contains your passport number and thus must match also.

De nada mi amiga!

1 Like

Oh yeah, but that one is easy. It is right here in Taipei. Renewing teh APRC means a trek to the mountain next to the morgue, which is a 20 minute cab ride away from teh nearest MRT station. Oh, and the cab won’t go up the 45 degree hill. There are no muchas gracias to teh New Taipei Government for this joke.

The NIA is an agency of the central government, not the New Taipei City government. Blame it on the central government not to allocate any real estate at a more central Banqiao CBD location.

I agree that it should locally be there with the other agencies. Or at least, it should be split, as having someone trekking from Tamsui to some Banquiao/Tucheng/Yonghe wasteland is torture.

Not having to do this is one of the many advantages of living in Taipei City. Maybe it’s time to consider making the move.

Out of my budget. You think the gummit pays well? Plus I have 8 mouths to feed.

Rents are still reasonable in some of the sketchier parts of Wanhua. Not all of Taipei is the strict reserve of Sky Dragons.

The onlymomentary solution I can think of is to Uber instead of taking the metro/bus/walking one hour combo. Google says driving is 20 minutes.

It would be a quick zip on a scooter. Get a friend to give you a ride?

Eh I do not ride scooters. I plan to live long. Taxi is OK.

Seriously, I’d rather walk. Have I told you I have been run over 3 times? First one on a scooter? At a red light?

Icon,

Please. Let’s not let this thread dive into the subject of red light runners, etc! Lol

3 Likes

Normally I would welcome Ike’s insight, but traffic is a sensitive issue these days. :neutral_face:

Make a day out of it. Take youbike from MRT station. Park it just near a fire station. On the way back, check a lovely hiking spot nearby.

There is also a place called Lin Family Mansion nearby the Fu Zhong MRT

The old small building was belonging to CHT. With growing rate of foreigners in New Taipei, that cramped barn is wayyyy too small.

Some of the female officers would greet you in whatever language that they could gather from your passport. Had heard Spanish, Japanese and some other lsnguage greetings.

Better make peace with the situation.

You are confusing me with Indurain…actually those little streets surrounding the NIA are suicidal for any vehicle. But that is a nice program. Will keep it in mind.

Damage report: 10630 NTD. 300 NTD taxi one way Xindian to NIA.

Literally took 10 minutes or less to do the paperwork, including making a copy of the new passport. In and out in a jiffy. Great friendly efficient service. Would love to kiss them all for their kindness and joy at work. 30 NTD for the pleasure of not going back to pick up the new ID.

Walking downhill was no problem, and I took the first cab available…driven by a Fittipaldi/Prost/Senna wannabe…which prompted me to go to Costco instead - heck if I was going on the highway in that car. And hence the 10k shopping spree…To calm my nerves.

200 NTD taxi home. Whole Odyssey took less than two hours, including shopping detour.

1 Like