🏍 Motorcycles | Rent Big Bike Motorcycle Hualien or Taitung

Anyone have information on shops that rent big bikes in Hualien or Taitung? 600cc or larger. I’ve used the scooter shops in both places but not sure about big bikes.

Actually, I don’t even need contact information. I just need firm confirmatio to know if big bikes are available before getting on a train down.

I usually rent in Taipei and ride down but I want to try taking the train down and then rent.

Bump.

Anyone tried this or have any information?

I’ve only rented in Zhongli and Taichung (Taizhong).

Good place to ask would be this FB page:

Scooters?

How about renting a scooter one way either direction?

Any info about shops that offer one-way rental between those two?

I guess good also just go as far as time allows in one direction and then return to the same shop. Maybe do coast and over to the valley return.

You really aren’t giving up, are you.

Maybe if you ask a few more times, such a rental service will exist in a few years.

2 Likes

This group is excellent @tango42, try there

No idea about about rentals that do one way. Would need to ask each one and see which destinations they accept. I have done it with cars and trucks in the past without issue.

As a possible side solution. It might be possible to discuss and convince rental shops to rent and have the scooters delivered by truck (obviously at your expense). Taiwan, nationwide on the mainland at least, has 24 hour trucks delivering scooters everywhere. The times I have used it were usually 2 or 3 times a week pick up and next day delivery. We have done it into he recent past from kaohsiung to taitung and taitung to hualian. Under $1,000. Don’t quote me but I think kaohsiung to taitung city was 700 last time?

Of course it would be up to the rental agency whether they want to take that risk on you. But I find being convincing and friendly goes a long way in this type of situation, I bet 1 out of 5 would probably bite.