Rent Big Motorcycles Around Taiwan (not scooters)

Hi all,

I am planning on going for a tour of Taiwan in the near future. I am planning on renting a motorcycle to tour around the island. I have an international licence that permits me to ride bikes below 400cc. As such, I was wondering about the price range for rental or does anyone know of any web site I can refer to? The best bike I prefer would be a Honda Hyper V-Tec Super 4.Thanks a million.
kclee

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Hi Gustavo,
Have a look at this website: taiwanese-secrets.com/taiwan-scooter.html
Hope you can find the info you need.

Interesting info to bear in mind. Iā€™d like to rent a big bike on my travelling to Taiwan but in such conditionsā€¦ not sure any longer.

I wouldnā€™t sweat it. Just pay attention and youā€™ll be find. Of course, thereā€™s always the option of a scooter. More convenient with in-seat storage and it will also have no problem getting you anywhere around the island. :2cents:

Where?

i will be moving to the south of Taiwan early next year, as my UK / International licence isnā€™t valid to ride what are classed as heavy motorcycles in Taiwan. What is the average cost of getting a heavy bike licence and any ideas where to look for a second hand bike?

i would be looking for a mid range bike ( around 500cc, Vtwin custom/ chop) just to get experience of riding in Taiwan. then moving up after a couple of years.

i have over 20 years riding/ driving experience, i even worked as a motorcycle messenger to pay my way through collage. Iā€™m not green about the roads/ driving in Taiwan as i have had some experience on scooters when i have been visiting the country.
(i would recommend a full face helmet and leathers just to cross the road)

any links and information would be appreciated

Iā€™m also interested in renting a motorcycle in Taipei, have you got some good leads of places top rent them?

This places rents big motorcycles all over Taiwan. Anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.mymoto.com.tw

Used this place many times.

鈓é¹æé‡ę©Ÿ-台北åŗ—
No. 566, Minzu East Road, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, 10491
02 2518 5633
https://goo.gl/maps/DfAdYtr4RwC2