Rental contract price negotiation

Another data point for anyone negotiating.

Our new apartment near Daan station was leased direct from landlord (no agent). She listed it at $33k + $4k guard fee, we negotiated it to $33k with guard fee included.

I feel like any apartment over around $25k, you are well within your rights to try to negotiate 10%-20% off.

1 Like

I see some crazy apartments for rent for $120k to $150k a month.
Are these realistic prices?, there can’t be that many people who would pay that much for rent. Friend told me these prices are just inflated, you can get it down almost half. Has anyone actually done this before?

I was looking at a few places that were listed at 300k/month, and we were able to get them down to the 250k/280k range. It really depended on how full the properties were, how hot they were, etc. We were also able to get more of a discount for paying 6 months at a time.

I think they were asking 35,000 for my old place … got it down to 30,000 including parking and fees … but paid cash … when I worked out my taxes , I would have been better paying more and using the allowance . Parking seems to be separated sometimes … I think it cost 2500-3000 a month for an extra space… but cheaper here in Taichung I guess