Renting a traditional townhouse in Tainan

I’m Brazilian :slight_smile:

If you go a little out of Tainan you have so many places to explore, if you like camping, you are in the right area too, also waterfall, there are some around there. You will need a car for sure, but man, get a second hand car here can be cheap if you just want to move around.

Some references:
https://www.alltrails.com/taiwan/tainan-city

South of Taiwan is beautiful :slight_smile:

I’m from Portugal; my wife is both Brazilian and Portuguese. Message me if you’d like to have my Line ID.

So far, I have only had the chance to travel a little bit in Taiwan (the South included). There’s a lot to explore. The best of it, I would say, are the peacefulness of the rural areas and the friendliness of the people.

1 Like

To be honest, I’m afraid not. But if you have to live in a city and want a slightly slower pace, Tainan is a good place. Taitung on the east coast could also be an option for you? But it is fairly isolated compared to other towns/cities in the country - all depends what you’re looking for though.
Many families I know with young kids in Tainan get out of town every weekend, often either to the mountains or the south coast - especially when the air pollution index is looking grim.
Also be aware that parking is a bit of a nightmare in Tainan.

Taitung City has vastly better air quality than Tainan but it’s a lot more isolated and much smaller population wise (like 10% of the population of Tainan).

I’d stay away from Tainan (and other highly polluted cities) if I had or was planning to have kids.

Best of luck and just in case, I live in Tainan with my wife, we will probably move out to another city by April, we are looking to sell our air condition, so drop me a message in case you found what you are looking for and wish to buy a good aircon at a good price ; ) I am from France.

Tainan is awesome and is looking better and better IMO (rent more and more expensive though).

I don’t really have the option to choose from different places, since the job offer I received is in Tainan. But it seems like Tainan is an interesting place to live. On the other hand, the air quality is indeed a concern even though I don’t have kids for now.
Since the topic has derailed a bit from my initial purpose of finding ways to rent a nice townhouse, I’ll take advantage of your kindness and ask one more question. How are the hospitals in Tainan? I mean, is it pretty easy to find good English-speaking physicians? I don’t speak much Mandarin, unfortunately.
Another question, sometimes we like to go watch independent movies that are subtitled in English (I mean movies whose original language isn’t English). Would I have access to that in Tainan?

Thank you. I’ll keep that in mind.