Replacing RZX Battery

The battery on my RZX has given up the ghost and I’ve been trying for the past few weeks to find a replacement. It’s a wet battery, nobody seems to make that size any more and all the new dry batteries are way too big to fit anywhere on the bike. I did track down a second hand replacement but they wanted NT$1,050(!) For a second-hand wet battery. Yeh, right. I’ve thought about trying to shift some bits around and fit the battery somewhere else but I just can’t find anywhere to mount it safely that doesn’t have it sticking out somewhere ridiculous.

I’m sure there must be other RZX/R owners out there who have encountered a similar problem and maybe found a solution…

I don’t believe that you cannot get a replacement. Try the parts store on Minchuan Rd., just east of Sanming, opposite Chungshan hospital. They will have one.

you’ve got pm dude~

[quote=“llary”]The battery on my RZX has given up the ghost and I’ve been trying for the past few weeks to find a replacement. It’s a wet battery, nobody seems to make that size any more and all the new dry batteries are way too big to fit anywhere on the bike. I did track down a second hand replacement but they wanted NT$1,050(!) For a second-hand wet battery. Yeh, right. I’ve thought about trying to shift some bits around and fit the battery somewhere else but I just can’t find anywhere to mount it safely that doesn’t have it sticking out somewhere ridiculous.

I’m sure there must be other RZX/R owners out there who have encountered a similar problem and maybe found a solution…[/quote]

I can have one sent down tomorrow if you are having trouble sourcing in Taichung, but like Redwagon, I’m quite surprised that this battery isn’t readily available in any motorycle parts store. I know of at least 3 places I can get one within ten minutes of my house.

If you havn’t found one by tomorrow evening, give me a call and I’ll shoot one down from here.

[quote=“MJB”][quote=“llary”]The battery on my RZX has given up the ghost and I’ve been trying for the past few weeks to find a replacement. It’s a wet battery, nobody seems to make that size any more and all the new dry batteries are way too big to fit anywhere on the bike. I did track down a second hand replacement but they wanted NT$1,050(!) For a second-hand wet battery. Yeh, right. I’ve thought about trying to shift some bits around and fit the battery somewhere else but I just can’t find anywhere to mount it safely that doesn’t have it sticking out somewhere ridiculous.

I’m sure there must be other RZX/R owners out there who have encountered a similar problem and maybe found a solution…[/quote]

I can have one sent down tomorrow if you are having trouble sourcing in Taichung, but like Redwagon, I’m quite surprised that this battery isn’t readily available in any motorycle parts store. I know of at least 3 places I can get one within ten minutes of my house.

If you havn’t found one by tomorrow evening, give me a call and I’ll shoot one down from here.[/quote]

Been to eight stores so far :s

The only place with one in stock wanted NT$1,050 for a battery that looked at least 10 years old so I told him thanks but no thanks.

My regular shop said they can probably order a modern dry cell replacement and will confirm on Monday but failing that I’ll take you up on your kind offer :slight_smile:

a really long cord?

…I got nuthin’…

Modern dry-cell replacement? Do you mean a gel-cell, or just a normal zero-maintainance, sealed type?

Well they call them 乾式電池 but I assume they mean the common-or-garden zero maintenance type.

Did you call the number I sent you? He should probably be able to get one for you~

Okay, I just managed to get a brand new boxed/branded battery for NT$550 from a motorcycle parts store on Dong Shan rd. between Beitun and Taiyuan rd - just a few doors down from the big Yamaha scooter shop at Beitun/Dong Shan.

Cheers everyone for the info, but I’m all sorted now :slight_smile:

[quote=“llary”]Okay, I just managed to get a brand new boxed/branded battery for NT$550 from a motorcycle parts store on Dong Shan Rd. between Beitun and Taiyuan Rd - just a few doors down from the big Yamaha scooter shop at Beitun/Dong Shan.

Cheers everyone for the info, but I’m all sorted now :slight_smile:[/quote]

Doh! Better return the one I just bought for you then…