Reported leak at China nuclear power plant

Are we really to believe for a second that COVID wasn’t the result of a lab accident, when we’re reminded again that Xi’s slapdash safety standards has led to yet another leak… this time in the form of dangerous radioactive waste. Their plants and labs have more holes than Swiss cheese. Their aggressive indifference in enforcing basic safety measures in the face of a series of catastrophic consequences is malevolent at this point. They don’t care if their actions cause the world to burn as long as they can hide their fingerprints and blame someone or something else.
China nuclear plant: US assessing reported leak at facility in Taishan, Guangdong - CNNPolitics

11 Likes

Quoting Cheryl Rofer:

“In general, this sort of thing is not extraordinary”,

A French corporation requests help, in what reads like a SOS, from the US government on a potential gas leak at a nuclear plant. The Chinese will be so enraged by this playing out in the media.

Sounds rather extraordinary to me.

1 Like

Don’t forget about the giant rocket they lost control to, not because they don’t have the ability to put in safety measures, but just because they don’t give a frak.

China has a series of nuclear power plants on the coast of Fujian as well. It’s scary to think about when the winter wind also brings radio active cancer causing particles, instead of just regular old cancer causing particles.

4 Likes

Logic dictates if a government doesn’t care about human beings at a fundamental level, we can assume everything else is even more peripheral.

Build fast, nothing else matters, CCP MO.

2 Likes

I was reading an expert on Twitter yesterday and he said there is nothing really to see here. Its all normal procedure. The issue is that the French company needs to apply to the US company before using the technology as the Chinese partner is a State Owned Company on the list of restricted companies. They want full transparency in order to avoid being able to do business in the US.

Can follow the thread here, its all quite unexciting https://twitter.com/pretentiouswhat/status/1404330426823442434

They are required to report everything. Usually the amount of radiation released is smaller than one would get taking a walk outside, but it still makes for good news.

I think CCP’s MO is maintain the party core’s control on everything, nothing else matters. Build fast is just currently the most effective tool to divert people’s attention to the fact that their lives are only peripheral to the party’s power grab. Before this, the tools used to be the cultural revolution, the people’s commune, and the great leap forward. They just weren’t as effective in the long run.

1 Like

…and quite possibly, he wants to continue with his paid position in China.

I read through his past tweets. There is very little he doesn’t love about holding China’s purse on many issues.

May I ask exactly where in China is the plant?

Guy

across the water from HK, east of SZ.

Well if that’s not delightful.

As if the people of HK have not put up with enough lately.

Guy

…west of SZ / Macau … so even further away from TW :wink:

If proximity to Taiwan was the only factor in our thinking, we could also say: Whoah, it’s good those bad things are happening in Xinjiang!

Perhaps a different moral calculus could help avoid this sort of response.

Guy

1 Like

My bad.

Thanks Eric.

1 Like

Yeah if you are into conspiracies, which a lot of people are.

Im sure if he was on a payroll, he would just say nothing at all or go and speak to the international press. Nobody here is an expert on nuclear stuff

I dont want people in China to get nuclear poisoning. I dont like the government, but dont wish ill well on the people, who are usually pretty decent.

1 Like

I totally agree.

Guy

You’re right but, I’m not going to change the channel because that guy, who has a dog in the race, says it’s all poppycock. You’ll have to go back to the early days of Covid to see the same “scramble the foreigner white monkeys” to cover our asses b.s…

That is also a good point.

[cough] Bruce Aylward [cough]

Guy