Repost Hall of Shame

Well, two things:

• the eyes part of the meme make reference to wave function collapse. When you’re not observing your system it’s a superposition of quantum states (say, the cat is 50% in the dead state and 50% in the alive state). When you observe the system the wave function collapses and the system finds itself in one of the states only, rather than a superposition (aha! the cat is alive! alive!).
  • the diagrams part of the meme shows the wave nature of light: when passing light through slits, light behaves not like a particle (if that were the case you would see the bottom right diagram), but like a wave (what you see in the top right diagram).

Light’s behavior as a particle or a wave does not change depending on whether you observe it or not, it’s an entirely different aspect of quantum mechanics. Having taught that class at uni times and times again it just rattles me that one could make that meme!

1 Like

You’re ruining a prefectly good meme!

1 Like

And one more thing:

And just six months ago…time for that brain scan. :sweat_smile:

Indeed!

YMCA SNL cease and desist

1 Like

The cherry on top is that he even told you

the first time around, too! :doh:

9 Likes

Alien with time machine be like…

…you trying to set a new record, dude? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I thought the one posted before was similar but substantively different… :sweat_smile:

Karma for helping the dark side!

Testing, testing…

The Lost City of REPOSTUS!

2 Likes

2 Likes

The Repost Police are short staffed too, but somehow we keep zapping! :rainbow:

1 Like

This one looks staged.
The handwrites are too similar…
:thinking:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Third time’s the charm? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

9 Likes

I was lonely until I started reposting. Now I get free rides to Repost Jail with a handsome green-skinned officer!

1 Like

I let it pass last time because it was just icing on the cake, but a full repost of it? That’s too much. :noway:

1 Like