Republican Congresswoman Goes Nuts

Rep. Jo Ann Emerson calls her constituent an “assh*le” in a letter.

[quote]The letter ended with a profane, seven-letter insult beginning with the letter a

This just shows the utter contempt that the Republican party has for all its constituants.

And she didn’t go ‘nuts’. She apologized and took responsibility for it. They still don’t know how the bad words got into the letter do they? Maybe a hacker or just sloppy editing.

Clearly you’re wrong. She did it on purpose. She personally signed it and we all know that all politicians read everything they sign before they sign it.

Emerson is a evil cult.

Clearly you’re wrong. She did it on purpose. She personally signed it and we all know that all politicians read everything they sign before they sign it.

Emerson is a evil cult.[/quote]

We have been screaming for honest politicians for years and now we have one. I’d vote a politician who has the gump to call it like it is.

Emerson is a evil cult.[/quote]

We have been screaming for honest politicians for years and now we have one. I’d vote a politician who has the gump to call it like it is.[/quote]

The recipient had no comment. Maybe he really IS an asshole.

If you look at the actual letter, you will see the the I is in lower case. It’s obviously some kind of prank. JD, I think you need to tone down your partisan rhetoric.

Nonsense, Richardm.

JDSmith is quite right. It’s contempt. Pure and simple. There’s really no other explanation.

And not only contempt, but I daresay something even more sinister.

And not just toward their constituents either --JD is naively sympathetic to the Republicans here, I think-- but far more likely a deeply evil, perversely malevolent inention toward all human beings, constituent or otherwise.

You would be making a foolish mistake in treating these animals as people. :snooty:

Partisan? Rhetoric? Why I never?

Surely you can see how the lowercase i was deliberatly used to throw blame to an unknowable unknown person. Riiiiiiiight.

[quote]
You would be making a foolish mistake in treating these animals as people.[/quote]

We talking about the constituants or the politicians here? :s

Emerson has always been super-tight with Delay, voting with him, taking money from his PAC, front-and-center in the Schiavo matter, and roundly known to be one of the nastiest experts at partisan fighting. Can I imagine Emerson leaving something “extra” in a letter when tired or simply not paying much attention to her dictation software or typing fingers? Sure.

Reminds me of those Post-It notes that would remain on customer-service letters to complaining customers: “Give this jerkoff a No. 17.” Not sure what a “No. 17” is, but presumably its a response letter … or a wrestling hold.

I think you do that quite well! :wink:

C’mon, she didn;t even really sign it let alone dictate or read it.

Editor strikes back. Brilliant!

HG

I agree. Someone inserted that phrase. There’s two spaces after the period ending the previous sentance. Looks out of place. I wouldn’t be surprised if a testy temp typist was to blame. Either that, or she pissed of one of her assistants big time.

Or maybe it’s just good old fashioned personal politics. It’s usually great fun getting your political enemy to deny (to the press ad nauseum) that they are not, after all, a complete and utter fool.

[quote]“Senator, we can’t call your opponent a pigfugger. It’s not decent and no-one will believe us anyway…”
“That’s irrelevant. Let’s make the bastard DENY it!”[/quote]

I thought this was abot McKinney punching a CapitoL Hill Security guard…then I saw it was a Rep…Not a Democrat…never mind…

I would rather have a Congressman or Congresswoman that speaks bluntly with swear words than one that supports a Moroccan Islamist and apparent terrorism supporter :smiling_imp:

[i]Congressman Jim McDermott (Moonbat-WA), who traveled to Baghdad to support Saddam Hussein just before the Iraq War, will have his own jihadi on staff

Emerson is pretty attractive, I would have voted for her. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmmm… so, mfgr, what do you have to say about this:

Tape shows Democratic Congressman taking bribe

[quote]A congressman under investigation for bribery was caught on videotape accepting $100,000 in $100 bills from an FBI informant whose conversations with the lawmaker also were recorded, according to a court document released Sunday. Agents later found the cash hidden in his freezer.

At one audiotaped meeting, Rep. William Jefferson, D-La., chuckles about writing in code to keep secret what the government contends was his corrupt role in getting his children a cut of a communications company’s deal for work in Africa.

As Jefferson and the informant passed notes about what percentage the lawmaker’s family might receive, the congressman “began laughing and said, ‘All these damn notes we’re writing to each other as if we’re talking, as if the FBI is watching,’” according to the affidavit.

Jefferson, who represents New Orleans, has not been charged and denies any wrongdoing.

As for the $100,000, the government says Jefferson got the money in a leather briefcase last July 30 at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Arlington. The plan was for the lawmaker to use the cash to bribe a high-ranking Nigerian official _ the name is blacked out in the court document _ to ensure the success of a business deal in that country, the affidavit said.

All but $10,000 was recovered on Aug. 3 when the FBI searched Jefferson’s home in Washington. The money was stuffed in his freezer, wrapped in $10,000 packs and concealed in food containers and aluminum foil.

Two of Jefferson’s associates have pleaded guilty to bribery-related charges in federal court in Alexandria. One, businessman Vernon Jackson of Louisville, Ky., admitted paying more than $400,000 in bribes to the lawmaker in exchange for his help securing business deals for Jackson’s telecommunications company in Nigeria and other African countries.[/quote]

Gee, I guess you now believe that all Democratic politicians are corrupt, money-grubbing sleazeballs, eh? :unamused:

Anyone else think that penalties for public officials should be double what they are for the rest of us?

While the Congresswoman may well believe the worst of her constituents, it is not the letter she signed. If you hold a ruler under the words “i think you are”, you will see that they are not level, like all the other words in the letter. The Republican party, seeing the latest polls, are trying to pass very safe bills such as those that put into place the “national” language that was already put through by about 50% of state legislatures in the 80s and 90s. Except for in Louisiana, where there are two official languages, French and English. Is it any coincidence that the FBI would sting a supposedly faithful white Louisiana Democrat to mitigate recent bribery scandals?

I’d like to see some verification of that one. I do not think this statement is correct.

[quote]Language Legislation in Louisiana
Louisiana has never declared an “official language” as such. In 1812, it became the first and only state to enter the Union in which a non-English-speaking group commanded a popular majority. Because the dominance of French in Louisiana caused some concerns in Washington, Congress required the state’s first constitution to safeguard the rights of English speakers. This provision (later dropped) required that all laws and official documents be published in the language “in which the Constitution of the United States is written”