Researching jobs

I would just like to remind everyone that when looking for a new job it is very important to do research on companies and organizations that offer you a job. The internet is a goldmine of information and I suggest that you collect as much info as you can.

If you have doubts about a potential employer then feel free to ask around.

Ooh, I seem to have something stuck in my throat… excuse me… HACK! ACK! HRRACK! IACC! IACC!

That’s much better.

[quote=“Durins Bane”]I would just like to remind everyone that when looking for a new job it is very important to do research on companies and organizations that offer you a job. The internet is a goldmine of information and I suggest that you collect as much info as you can.

If you have doubts about a potential employer then feel free to ask around.[/quote]

Yes whether you intend working at the International Association of Conference Centers, the International Air Cargo Conference, the Irish American Community Center, the International Anti-Corruption Conference, the International Association of Commercial Collectors, the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce, the International Agricultural Coordinating Committee, the Idaho Association of Commissioners and Clerks, the Instructional Academic Computing Committee, or even the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee, there’s plenty of info out there on the net.

Good point. I would just add to that, however, that for various reasons ranging from mis-understanding what was expected in their job duties through to maliciousness, some people write misleading or defamative stuff on the internet. It’s much easier and more common to write nasty things than to write nice ones. So when looking at internet sources, people should always keep their critical reading skills with them and ask themselves;
Does this writer sound like a credible source?
Do many people independently confirm his/her viewpoint?
If she/he had a bad experience, how much could that have been due to cultural misunderstandings or lack of appreciation of what was required by the job?

Of course, the same critical eye must also be used when reading ‘glowing’ reports of any place.

Forumosa is an especially good source of Information And Credible Copy :wink:

Ok, if we see an ad, we should do a search on the company, and see if anyone else has some some experience with them. But did you have any particular company in mind ?

Big Slow Fluffy Matthew

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]Ok, if we see an ad, we should do a search on the company, and see if anyone else has some some experience with them. But did you have any particular company in mind ?

Big Slow Fluffy Matthew[/quote]

No particular company in mind. But I thought that it might be a good idea to remind people.

Good thinking DB.

I’d like to remind people to brush their teeth before going to bed.

[quote=“Fox”]Good thinking DB.

I’d like to remind people to brush their teeth before going to bed.[/quote]

:laughing:

and don’t forget to wipe :moo: