[RESOLVED] Word Count question: Do I really exist?

ORIGINAL TITLE: Do I really exist?

Two problems with Forumosa’s automated “treatment” of me.

1. I am NEVER in the list of “logged in during the last 24 hours” people. Howcome? I log in pretty much every day.

2. The new “total words” section gives me “9 words” despite having written 134 (now 135) posts. Howcome?

Yup, I noticed that too…
As of now, I have 191 posts with a grand total of… 178 words!
That’s 0.93 words per post. Yeah, I know, most of my posts are rather short… but not that short.
Maybe they’re only counting the words in posts that actually make sense?

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

I am seeing the same problems with my account. In fact 2 posts previously, my total words said 0!

[quote=“DSN”]Two problems with Forumosa’s automated “treatment” of me.

1. I am NEVER in the list of “logged in during the last 24 hours” people. Howcome? I log in pretty much every day.[/quote]Is “Hide my online status” in the preferences section of your profile selected ?

[quote]2) The new “total words” section gives me “9 words” despite having written 134 (now 135) posts. Howcome?[/quote]Have you tried clicking “Resynch Word Count” at the bottom of the screen ? Thought not :ponder:

Hey BFM

Thanks for that. It worked!

Hmm… I had tried that earlier today, but it didn’t work. It kept asking me to log in.
Now it worked, apparently. I’m gonna count them myself, just to make sure…

But what is this function good for, anyway?

It’s good for telling people like me to spend less time online.

I don’t have a signature any more. I wrote one. I clicked the button that says “show my signature”, I even clicked ‘submit to the borg’.

So where’s my signature?

[Edit: Oh, there it is. Please disregard.]

Hmmm…It sure does look like you don’t exist. I quoted your post and look what happens: :astonished:[quote=“DSN”][/quote]:wink:

bobepine

PS. My profile says(before this post): 346 posts and 426 words. That’s 1.23 words per post? Even Richardm writes longer posts. What’s with that? Maybe it doesn’t count mispelled words… :blush:

After I installed the feature, I started the indexing process. Then it timed out - so some people have updated counts and some people have none. Since my connection at home is a tenuous one, I had to think of something quickly. This is when I decided to add the Resynch Word Count link. If you are really interested in knowing your word count, please go to the Sitemap and synch it when you are logged in.

I’m going to edit the title of this thread now :slight_smile:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3866820 bytes) in /usr/share/phpbb2/site/resync.php on line 88

Go to your profile and make sure you select: “Show my online status” or else you won’t show up on the list.

bobepine