Resources: Living on the East Coast (Taidong, Hualian, or Yilan)

Great Idea. I’d like to share my experiences with waterfalls and wild hot springs on the east coast (GPS + maps)

All Taiwan:
followxiaofei.com/region/

Google Maps: Waterfalls / Hot Springs / Camping
google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe … D-lNVlUzxU

Yilan
followxiaofei.com/region/yilan-county

Hualian
followxiaofei.com/region/hualien-county

Taitung
followxiaofei.com/region/taitung-county

Feel free to add any of these links to existing posts.

[quote=“yuli”]
Living in Taidong, Hualian, or Yilan

~ ~ References and Resources for people who have just moved to, or are thinking of moving to, the eastern counties ~ ~

The population of Taidong (Taidong), Hualian (Hualian), and Yilan (Yilan, Gilan) taken together is only about 5% of the population of Taiwan, and there aren’t many foreigners living and working here. This thread is meant to serve as an easy access point for relevant information about the eastern counties, and I am not only including local references here (i.e., links to various related threads on Forumosa), but also information from government websites and first-hand experience. :slight_smile:
Do you known any thing that should be included here? Please don’t hesitate to post it… :2cents: :secret: !
(If you’d rather like me to add your information to an existing post, just send me a PM.)

Note 1: Individual entries in this thread get revised and expanded from time to time, so if you’ve visited here before you may find it useful to check all the entries again. :wink: [Last edited 2011-10-08]

Note 2: In the Travel forum there is a related thread, containing information for tourists (much of which is definitely also useful for residents): Taidong, Hualian, Yilan (Travel)

:thanks:[/quote]