Resources: Living on the East Coast (Taidong, Hualian, or Yilan)

Living in Yilan

Threads

2009-01-18: [quote=“schmoopie”][…]
There are some fitness in Yilan.

1. 3H Fitness.
    (03)954-9780
    Open from 7:00-23:00 Mon-Sat
  2. Global Gym
    No.227-2, Gongjheng Rd., Luodong Township, Yilan County 265
    (I dont know the phone number).[/quote]
    2008-12-09:[quote=“alidarbac”]I lived in Luodong for about a year and a half and there’s far more that I miss in Yilan county (good hotsprings in Jiaoxi, mindblowing sunrises around Toucheng, frolicking in Xinliao waterfall, crazy beautiful coast south of Su’ao, MUCH cheaper food) than stuff I enjoy in Taipei (namely Cafe Odeon and the Dunhua Eslite store.) Also, if you have Chinese ability, you won’t slowly lose your mind from people ignoring your Chinese and always answering you in English. The people in Yilan are far friendlier than the people in Taipei. The big disadvantage for me to living in Yilan was the miserable winters where you never see the sun, but Taipei is only marginally better in this regard.[/quote]
    Living in Yilan - the pros and cons
    This thread contains a lot of unrelated stuff, but the upshot is that, like in the other sparsely populated areas, work is not easy to come by (if you are looking for a teaching job in a cram school) but that otherwise it’s a good place to live. The following three posts contain some specific information:
    viewtopic.php?t=76961&start=3
    viewtopic.php?t=76961&start=53
    viewtopic.php?t=76961&start=77

Where can I buy the most reasonably priced major appliances?

Greasy pole climbing contest & other northern events- where?

Websites

Online Classifieds
yilan-hualien-taitung.kijiji.com.tw/

Highway 11 Magazine’s New Website
highway11.net/index.php/en

Yilan County website: List of hospitals in Yilan
e-land.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=4 … e=722&mp=5

Map and list with phone numbers of hospitals
google.co.jp/search?hl=ja&q= … C%E7%B4%A2

List of Hotspring Websites:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=82911&start=29