Retirement Investing

I am am looking for other sources for investing for retirement. Does anybody have some experience investing in Taiwan? HSBC has a decent fund service in English. Where else can one go? Fidelity? Schroders? etc?
What about stocks and bonds? Any Idea who to talk to.

Ski

[quote=“ski”]I am am looking for other sources for investing for retirement. Does anybody have some experience investing in Taiwan? HSBC has a decent fund service in English. Where else can one go? Fidelity? Schroders? etc?
What about stocks and bonds? Any Idea who to talk to.

Ski[/quote]

For investing the first question is are you an American? If not congrats you have lots of investing possibilities. If you are - try gold or invest via a broker in the states.

boom.com - online trading out of HK - can buy funds/stocks in most asian markets, no min deposit and can open by post.

Dunno but I can tell you who not to talk to: any agent from an investment company targetting expats and suggesting you an off-shore investment.
If you do invest, even with a highly reputable company or via a local bank (or their representatives), make sure you have a witness and all the important information / agreements in written form.

I got burned and learned my lesson at a cost of a ~20% loss. :expressionless: