Retirement

I am retired. My wife of 34 years is Taiwanese. We are contemplating a move to Kaohsiung. Want to settle there before we close out everything here. Anybody forsee any problems in my getting permanent residence? And, should I do it Stateside or wait till we get there? My wife guarantees no problem. Maybe so because she’s a local. But we’ve also looked into Malaysia (too expensive)and Thailand (too complicated). I don’t think I have any aquaintences left in Taiwan so I’ll be relying on my wife and a horde of inlaws. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I’m not an expert, but I guess you’d apply for a resident visa based on marriage and everything should be fine.

One more advise: Just don’t move in with the inlaws or live to close to them, I’ve heard some terribly shocking stories… :loco:

[quote=“mesheel”]I’m not an expert, but I guess you’d apply for a resident visa based on marriage and everything should be fine.

One more advise: Just don’t move in with the inlaws or live to close to them, I’ve heard some terribly shocking stories… :loco:[/quote]

Thanks. It would be difficult not to be close to the inlaws since there are so many of them. My wife has 10 sibs. All with kids and grand kids.