Retrieving Items from a Person in Quarantine

I have a package and some documents I need sent from the US to Taiwan.

I was originally planning to use DHL to deliver these items at the end of the month once the documents were ready, but I found out a Taiwanese friend was planning to return to Taiwan at the beginning of June.

My friend will stay in a quarantine hotel after arrival. If I were to have her help me bring the items to Taiwan, would there be anything preventing me from retrieving those items from the hotel during her 14-day quarantine? I realize she cannot leave her room, but I wonder if she could open the door and hand the items to me or place the items outside her door before I arrive.

I did not see anything on the Taiwan Centers for Disease Control website indicating this would be a problem or against the rules, but perhaps someone on the forum might have some insight on this.

If it would be against the rules, I’ll go back to my original (expensive) DHL plan. Thanks for your help!

People in quarantine can order food brought to Them so I am thinking you could knock on her door and she can hand you the items
You can’t step inside and she can’t step outside

1 Like

You can ship items in the arrival area of the airport via Pelican before you take transportation to your quarantine home/hotel. The security guards can direct you as there are no signs. I was able to ship my mom’s huge suite case from Taoyuan to Kaohsiung for 300 NT with delivery in two days. I also shipped a small 1 pound package 125 NT to New Taipei with delivery of one day. I would advise that you have the address written in Chinese as well as the recipient’s cell phone number since you will need to write it on the mailing form. With exception of a suitcase, you will need to bring your own packaging.

P.S. Hopefully this reply isn’t too late or is helpful to someone else.