Return of the Movie Club!

The was a time a year or two back when people were organizing group outtings to the movies. I think I might have made it to one of those outtings, I can’t remember.

Well, I had the thought of setting up a new version of the Movie Club. One where instead of going to overpriced crap mainstream movies, the club would watch them in the confort of someone’s home.

Everyone would chip in for some snacks, someone would bring the move, and it’s all set.

I came across one of those 100 best movies lists the other day, then had the thought. Would anyone else be down?

sounds fun!
Another brilliant idea (poached from somewhere else no doubt :P) brought to you by mtk. :wink: tee hee

I’m still officially administrator of the Forumosa Weekly Movie group (not that I haven’t tried to get rid of it :s). If anyone wants to take over, feel free to contact Maoman or whoever is in charge to get administration rights for the group…

Iris

Sounds great!!! I’m up for it.
I would invite everybody over, except we don’t have a dvd-player and only a 20" TV!!!

-But I’m getting something bigger and nicer soon. Just need a new place…So after that people are welcome :slight_smile:

My place should be pretty good. Would comfortably seat 6-8 people and a nice sized TV. I think I’ll kick the club off with…

Dolemite and his all girl army of kung fu killers!

The movies can only get better from there :slight_smile:

I’m down for that!
And I’ll trade you DOLEMITE for a copy of BLACULA!

Just tell me when and l’ll come running…

Well as long as it’s either a Friday or Sunday night, I can come. I work all other nights. I like the idea. I’d love to host except I only have my laptop. The screen not’s too bad of a size and I do have a subwoofer hooked up to my baby, but it’s not much fun to watch unless there is an audience no bigger than one. Anyone with a Costco hookup gonna supply the popcorn?

Oh, and may I suggest as the first installment of the New Movies Club…

I promise not to bring a loaded squirt gun to spray people nor rice, toast, or hotdogs to throw at your TV.

:angel:

I still haven’t seen that movie, but I have seen the freaks lined up to watch the weekly midnight showing. And for some reason I know the Time Warp song.

Who are you calling a freak?

Besides, it’s not really something you watch. It’s more like something you do. If we do it, I’ll have to brush up on my call lines. :slight_smile:

Oh, and I was going to suggest having them on Friday or Saturday nights (leaning more towards Friday.) That good for Imani, what about you other folk?

[quote=“ImaniOU”]
I promise not to bring a loaded squirt gun to spray people nor rice, toast, or hotdogs to throw at your TV.

:angel:[/quote]

Damn! Awwww! Just when I was going to suggest putting together a little audience participation baggy. :frowning:

Cool. Hope this actually comes to fruitation and there’s electic mix of films for the future. Sounds good.

[quote=“iris”]I’m still officially administrator of the Forumosa Weekly Movie group (not that I haven’t tried to get rid of it :s). If anyone wants to take over, feel free to contact Maoman or whoever is in charge to get administration rights for the group…

Iris[/quote]

Iris, this is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen.

MTK I seriously hope you asked permission from Maoman to show DVD’s in your lounge. I mean, who would administrate otherwise?

(After the first meeting MTK and Maoman meet up. MM “How did it go? Did you administrate within Da Rules?” MTK: Well, Funk500 used Roaches real name, so I had to spank him. BUT apart from that, nothing needs to be flamed.")

I’m gonna be laughing at that one for a while… permission from Maoman to show a movie… oh boy!

I can understand the misread, but I know Iris (who is no longer in Taiwan) and I know Maoman. Iris means she’s still in control of the old Movie Club group and if I want to take over ask Maoman to switch the information (since only he and Gus can do it.)

Not ask for permission to have the club go down. :wink:

I can understand the misread, but I know Iris (who is no longer in Taiwan) and I know Maoman. Iris means she’s still in control of the old Movie Club group and if I want to take over ask Maoman to switch the information (since only he and Gus can do it.)

Not ask for permission to have the club go down. :wink:[/quote]

I’m still confused MTK. What info will need to be transferred?

BTW, I met Wolf Reinhold in a bar one night, and he told me Iris was a real diamond. Thats a true story.

She’s the moderator of the Movie Club group: forumosa.com/taiwan/groupcp.php?g=5165

It doesn’t make much sense for her to continue being the moderator and was saying that if I wanted to take over to tell Maoman to make the switch.

The group is mostly useless though. If he makes me the mod, I’m going to delete everyone in there now and request to have a new private forum made for the group. Otherwise, it’s totally useless (as far as I know.)

Are you showing an interest in Blackula Mr. Hill?

On seccond thought I suppose I’d PM everyone in there now and see if they’re interested in the new format/still posting first and delete as needed.

She’s the moderator of the Movie Club group: forumosa.com/taiwan/groupcp.php?g=5165

It doesn’t make much sense for her to continue being the moderator and was saying that if I wanted to take over to tell Maoman to make the switch.

The group is mostly useless though. If he makes me the mod, I’m going to delete everyone in there now and request to have a new private forum made for the group. Otherwise, it’s totally useless (as far as I know.)

Are you showing an interest in Blackula Mr. Hill?[/quote]

I see now. You have my permission to ask Maoman for permission.

“Next on exploitation theatre: Blackula, Blackenstein, and the BluchBlack of Blotre Blame.”

I have seen Blackula, but never seen SweetSweetbacks Badaaaassss Song.

I believe the word you are looking for is: Blaxploitation.