Return of the Movie Club!

I believe the word you are looking for is: Blaxploitation.[/quote]

I was quoting The Simpsons, kid.

MTK is of course right that I’m referring to the Forumosa group. The only point there was in having such a group used to be that it was possible to send group PMs and you didn’t have to notify each single member about movie times and places. Don’t know if they reinstalled that function after it got lost in one of the many server switches…

Not sure if PMing everybody would actually make sense. Quite a few of the group members might already have left Taiwan (and/or Forumosa).

Btw, everybody who’s met me knows that I’d say the same about Wolf (diamond in the rough, maybe) :wink:

How does September 8th sound? At… 7? 8? 9? I wanted to do it next Friday, but I have something to do. Next week Saturday would be OK. What do thos interested think?

I’m also willing to go buy some stuffs from Costco if everyone chips in (chips, popcorn, beer, 毛豆, etc.)

[quote=“miltownkid”]How does September 8th sound? At… 7? 8? 9? I wanted to do it next Friday, but I have something to do. Next week Saturday would be OK. What do thos interested think?

I’m also willing to go buy some stuffs from Costco if everyone chips in (chips, popcorn, beer, 毛豆, etc.)[/quote]

What’s gonna be the first movie? I’ll chip in. Make some guacamole also :slight_smile:

[quote=“miltownkid”]My place should be pretty good. Would comfortably seat 6-8 people and a nice sized TV. I think I’ll kick the club off with…

Dolemite and his all girl army of kung fu killers!

The movies can only get better from there :slight_smile:[/quote]

Unless there’s another suggestion. We have to watch at least 15 minutes of it. Maybe the scene with the Cheese Burger Pimp.

If it’s Monday through Thursday, I’m already in your city, Miltown, working just one MRT stop away, and can pop in by 10pm. If it’s on Friday, I can join at any time after 7pm. If it’s on Saturday, I teach until 10pm in northern Taipei and wouldn’t be able to make it to your neck of the woods until probably 11pm.

Even though traditionally, the Rocky Horror Picture Show happens at midnight on Saturdays… :ponder:

En tout cas, Sept. 8 sounds good. I’ll bring the M&Ms to put into the popcorn.

September 8th it is then. I already have a case of the good stuff (Taiwan Beer :smiley:.) People can start coming by at 7, and the movie will start around 8(ish) maybe?

How’s that time work for others?

There will be a limit of 6-8 people. Comfortable seating is availible to all (I’m going to pull a second couch into the TV room.) 200NT/person should cover snack costs (post if you have a suggestion of what I should pick up.)

The date and time people can start coming is fixed (Spetember 8th @ 7pm), the viewing time is TBA.

RSVP via PM if you would like to attend, posting will not count (though you can post suggested viewing time/snack requests.)

Let the movies begin!

Edit: Oh, and unless someone suggests otherwise, I’m showing [Dolemite]

OK, I got a case of beer (that = 24 cans), or we need is some snacks and non alcoholic drinks for you… you… nonalcoholics.

I have a big stack of movies here, there’s a block buster down the street, and I’m not picky. I think it’d be funny to watch Dolemite and burn through a case of beer, but I’m open to any movie suggestion.

Still this coming Friday, September 8th. I can start anytime after 8:00. Beers on me, BYOS (bring your own snacks) if you want anything other than chips and dip.

Just get me house/cell info via PM if you don’t have it. uh… that should about do it.

I wanna sign up. Is it too late for a seat?

For you Sir Tiddly, there is always a seat. Peep this thread: [Return of the Movie Club - Vote to Decide Movie

I’ll bring Mexican Burrito doritos…holy shatner those things are addictive!

Discussion for the next event begins… I’m thinking about having one in about 2 weeks, but show 2 movies this time. The first one would start right away (and people can kind of show up during that one), and the second will be the “main actraction.” We waited for a bit for someone… :wink:

Someone also recommended Sunday nights. What are those like for people?

We should also get the ball rolling for movie selection.

I’d like to see that one that you said was your favourite, but you probably don’t want to keep seeing stuff you’ve already seen. It was some kind of kung fu pimp movie.

I had been drinkin’ heavily but my guess is Eight Diagram Pole Fighter. I can watch that shit again and again… Shaolin vs. the Llama is nice as well. So stick with Friday’s then? I’ll make arrangements for the next one is two weeks or so…

And 2 movies this time, maybe that (or a) kung fu movie first followed by…

Things have finally slowed down enough to get The M Club rolling again.

I’m thinking about getting something together for this Sat evening. My place will be availible. I’m game for any movie as long as there is beer (and there will be :smiley:.)

Anyone that might be interested should shoot me a PM or hit me up on Skype (my new wonder chat program, search miltownkid.)

There also seemed to be a lot of interest in a club like this. Discussion should get started for doing things on a “regular” basis (not always at my place :P) and maybe going to movies at the theaters in groups sometimes.

Whose down with movies this Sat!

I’ve got too many New Year’s-type things going on, but it would be cool to get to see some movies again. Enjoy!

Well, if everyone’s busy this weekend I’ll just turn it into a Xbox 360 night (which seems to be almost 7 days a week :smiley:.)

See you are doing it again. As I leave you have a movie night. Man it’s a conspiracy.

It’s the man trying to hold you down. FIGHT THE POWER!!

can we have an update on the movie night?