Returning home to the UK

because you are talking nonsense. the food in england is totally fine. taiwan has lots of crap too. mian xian on every damn street. forget about it.

1 Like

When have I ever said every food in Taiwan was great? :roll_eyes:

you said the food was generally shit in england compared to taiwan. well enjoy your mian xian on EVERY street. sorry but its far from a culinary masterpiece. its bland soup. bland noodles. sometimes garnished with sliced up arse tubes.

i would even choose greggs over that.

1 Like

Greggs or Pret or Costa are exactly what I mean. It’s so depressing to eat the garbage they serve.

I also hated the desserts in England. All the ones I’ve had were absolutely dreadful and outrageously expensive. Ew.

1 Like

well its good that you left then. can’t go wrong with a sandwich or sasauge roll for lunch. basic but its literally a million times better than arse tubes mian xian.

and whats wrong with english desserts? cant go wrong with flake and ice cream. you can stick to your no flavour dou hua… you sir have no taste.

1 Like

Well you can’t go wrong with ice cream anywhere, but the cakes were collectively appalling. Doesn’t matter if it was from the supermarket or was 10 quid per slide. All bad. Dou hua is great, on the other hand.

Your taste is tragic.

1 Like

Creme brulee is British.

your taste is depressing. because you don’t even have any taste. because dou hua tastes like nothing.

english desserts are collectively amazing. even a boring flapjack is delicious. millonaire shortbread, muffins, cookies, even better. i have to go all the way to subway if i even want a decent cookie here.

Your outrage is amusing.

Hahahahahahahaha very funny. English pastries are CRAP.

can’t go wrong with english pastries.
taiwanese pastries now that actually does make me outraged. you can’t just stick a hot dog in everything and then call it a bakery. i’m counting down the days until i can go home and buy a bag of cookies without hotdogs in them.

3 Likes

Now that’s a dessert.

1 Like

The UK does not have Mos Burger or dragon fruit green tea and is therefore inferior and frankly unviable as a home.

No MOS Burger is painful, especially considering most burgers in England have dry, tasteless patties. But, it’s not America, innit.

Are you sure Chatime in England doesn’t have dragon fruit tea? They are overpriced there though.

Enough money to invest would do fine.

At the risk of turning this into a debate about food, I’ve agreed with many of your comments here, but I don’t know how anybody could think this way. I like the food in Taiwan more than the UK over all (which isn’t to say there aren’t plenty of good and reasonably-priced places to eat in the UK), but the sweets, pastries, and desserts in the UK are leagues better than the equivalent in Taiwan. But each to their own…

That’s a fair way to sum it up. I’d add that Taiwan is a great place to live in your 20s, especially if you work in technology sector and want to get your foot in the door (which is what I did). As much as I love Taiwan and will always treasure the four years I lived there, I imagine that there are much better countries to live in if you’re in your 30s or 40s and want to take a year out of your career to do something different. As for actually building a future for yourself in Taiwan… Just read more threads on that topic on this forum and you’ll quickly dispel that notion from your mind.

Just to add… Life in Taiwan isn’t that cheap anymore. If you’re there as a tourist and you’re comparing it to prices at home, it might seem fine. But on a typical stagnant expat salary, it isn’t bad (if saving money isn’t a priority), but it isn’t great at all.

I think they both have copious serving of arse in them.:grin:

2 Likes

Lol good one.

1 Like

English desserts are the only native cuisine they do well. Agreed.

Shortbread , trifle, pudding, real Cornish pastries, Devon double cream, strawberries and cream, high tea, fruit bread.and scones. Good stuff.

(Muffins and cookies…Come on dude stay proud)

2 Likes

I miss crumpets.
When Tesco was in Taiwan I used to stock up…

2 Likes

Tesco was in Taiwan?