Rice or noodles, which is better for you?

I am very concerned about my health. Which do you think in this day and age of SARS I should be eating to keep in tiptop shape?

Thanks for any and all SERIOUS replies.

I can’t imagine there is much difference - they are both carbs. Plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables, and exercise should benefit your immune system.

But I’m pretty sure most of the wheat is imported from developed countries and won’t have the same levels of heavy metals and other contaminants that you find in much of the locally grown rice. “Fried rice with the cadmium on the side, please.”

Cornbread…the Food of the Gods. :laughing:

My Mom’s cornbread recipe:

1/3 cup of sifted flour
1 1/2 cups of sifted corn meal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
milk* to make the batter smooth enough to pour into the pan, but not watery. Have your bacon grease heating in the pan, add it to the batter at the last minute, and bake at 425 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until brown.

*to substitute sweet milk for buttermilk, add one tablespoon of either vinegar or lemon juice to a cup of milk and let it sit a few minutes)

Make mine hush puppies and gimme some catfish and greens. Maybe some cajun tunes on the side. Oh for Sammy’s on Bourban St.