Richart - The first almost/kinda/marginally/minuscularly foreigner friendly bank

My Richart card does not have an integrated LED :frowning_face:

(I was approved for the credit card, but rejected for the bank account, go figure)

1 Like

Clueless haha

1 Like

Did you get the Mastercard or the Visa?

I just got an email that Richart/Taixin checked my credit report yesterday

How do you get emails about that? And how can you check your own credit report?

I typed it into google for you :grinning:

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+check+your+credit+report+in+taiwan&oq=how+to+check+your+credit+report+in+taiwan&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160.7230j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

3 Likes

Don’t get confused

2 Likes

‘The bank is the sole domestic US dollar/Euro settlement bank designated by the Bankers Association.’

Visa.

I’m curious if this Richart will allow foreigners to get a credit card guarantor free. Taishin the main bank generally demanded a cosigner unless you could get a manager to override.

I haven’t tried with Taishin but I have 3 credit cards all without a guarantor. Just don’t go to the branch, print the application and post it with supporting docs and you’ll generally be approved

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I had to do. Branch teller says 沒辦法,I grab the app and post it in with all the docs, 80% of the time a card comes.

But this doesn’t work with government banks. If you try that with Taiwan Bank, Chunghua, Taiwan Cooperative or Land bank they will send it back to the branch. They won’t reject it themselves but they will tell the branch to reject it and the teller will give you all your paperwork back

2 Likes

Just upgraded the account. Super easy, they just photocopy your ARC and ask you sign/stamp 2 pieces of paper. It took about 5 minutes.
The upgrade takes a day or so to go through.

Apparently transfers to overseas bank accounts In currencies other than USD aren’t possible :smiling_face_with_tear:

5 Likes

Will try that today. What did u say at the counter?

Just that I would like to upgrade a Richart account. They are expecting foreigners, she said I was the first one and was definitely aware that it’s a new process and she knew what she was doing too. It was pretty refreshing :sweat_smile:

I went to the Zhunan branch

5 Likes

I will try in Taichung in an hour. I did not get the card yet, but that is not necessary, right?

Good that I have my stamp on me. :grin:

1 Like

well, if they are expecting foreigners in Miaoliguo, then should be ok in Taipei hahah (I hope…)

1 Like

Nah, not necessary. I haven’t received mine yet either but it has been posted

I’m in Miaoli City too, the capital of Miaoliguo :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The upgrade has already gone through :flushed:

This was sooo much easier than any other account I’ve opened here.

They need to stop sending automatic rejection emails to everyone and add tick box options for the tax residency question then they will have a pretty perfect (yet basic) product.

4 Likes