Richart - The first almost/kinda/marginally/minuscularly foreigner friendly bank

I’ve received 2 emails inviting me to authenticate. ARC ends 19 December 2023

That valid for a year rule is troublesome as I remember getting yearly ARCs that were never for a year and causing me all sorts of trouble.
Company would apply for a yearly one, but by the time it was issued it would be Jan 15 to Jan 1 and then many companies would deny me services as the ARC wasn’t a year. Next year same problem

Can we crowd source the places where we can’t use the Richart card? Some shops do not accept cards from every bank.

E.g. in 7-11 one can only use Cathay United cards, so one needs to use the embedded Easy Card to pay.

I will make this post editable by all.

Richart card use

Payment method Debit Card Notes
Line Pay :white_check_mark: -
Google Pay :white_check_mark: -
Samsung Pay :white_check_mark: -
Apple Pay :white_check_mark: -
Garmin Pay :white_check_mark: -
Easy Wallet :x: can’t add to account can add embedded easy card
iPASS Money :x: can’t add to account no ETA
Jko Pay :white_check_mark: debit card works, but need to contact support for them to manually add bank account if you want to get points
Store Debit Card Easy Card Google Pay Samsung Pay Apple Pay
7-11 :x: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
Family Mart :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:

*ETA - Estimated time of arrival - Wikipedia

adding a line to table above
| | | || 7-11 | no | yes | - |

1 Like

Actually all posts should be editable by all, so we can spell-check each other.

I wouldn’t have thought that transferring euro from one taiwanese bank to another would be such a pain.

For testing purposes i transferred 100 euro.
Fee was 600 TWD (18%), which i only saw after I confirmed the transaction…

After 3 business days i got this email from richart:

You have foreign currency EUR€100 which status is now pending to be received. Please visit a Taishin branch before 2023/03/14 to complete remittance so this payment can be transferred into your account.

3 Likes

got

4 Likes

Some tips for Easy Card

1 Like

I have just been in to Authenticate myself at Taishin bank, section 1, xinsheng south rd, 11 month left in ARC 19 December 2023.
Took my ARC, NI card and chop.
All went through :ok_hand: staff member and I said hello only, I chopped, signed said bye bye and off I go.
Waiting for card in the post.

3 Likes

so you sent EUR from another bank to Taishin, right?

there are many different aspects to this, need more details, but there are some scenarios where it makes sense.

Yes, i have a bigger sum i euro on a taiwanese bank account and am looking for a way how to get it out in cash.

domestic clearing of EUR is a hit or miss, as both banks need to be participating, otherwise the transfer is routed via SWIFT and adds costs ofc. Also, some banks require you to go to branch to ask specifically for the transfer to be routed via domestic clearing, applying thence reduced fees.

2 Likes

On the way to the meeting with your feedback. We had time to do a rough translation of everything.

13 Likes

Hope it goes well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t know about the receipt app.
Quite nice.
You also can now (on Android) add an easycard by using NFC directly in the app.

Success. Your feedback was delivered directly to the president of the bank, the vice president of retail, the executive responsible for digital banking, and the Richart project team.

They are very thankful, and also thank those who took the time to write feedback directly to them. They really welcome feedback and have a plan to iteratively improve the service. I can’t say much about the future other than it looks great, and they’ll be dealing mainly with account opening for the first little bit before working on “features” (eg Google pay).

Keep discussing, let’s keep updating the Google doc and I’ll keep sending more to them :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Great, btw. I didn’t see a Google doc link in this thread?

Looks hopeful. Thanks for working on this dude

3 Likes

Both richart.tw and www.taishinbank.com.tw do not use DNSSEC. It is posible and advisable to enable it.

1 Like

I heard with LINEpay you still need to use the cards that are accepted by that store, otherwise transactions won’t go through.

Anyone experienced this?

1 Like

Oh nice we can apply at the bank too ?!

1 Like