Ride the Typhoon!

Just came back home after riding for about 8 and a half hours; mountain and coast, wind and rain; soooo good. And perhaps also stupid. I came back through YanMingShan and I am soooo happy that I wasn’t there when all those branches, leaves and bamboo fell down. The ride has been interesting, over 300 km in the north and east, but there were several scary moments…

Jsut one advice, which might be obvious for almost everybody, but… don’t ride in the mountain during a typhoon :slight_smile:

Well, it seems that the real thing started later, when I was already at home. Thanks God…

Otherwise you wouldn’t be posting here.

:smiley: Most likely. Actually I met some people who were only on the coast seeing the waves splashing against the rocks, and they recommended me to go to Keelung at 12 by night. I considered it seriously, but after many hours riding I was tired. I think there are some kinda safe places where to see this phenomenon without getting in troubles… but I can say you that those places are not YanMingShan and some points of the road where mother nature splattered my face with sea foam…

Ride like the wind my friend, ride like the wind. :slight_smile:

Uhmmm… I’m thinking that today was a good day to have a ride and see the effects of the typhoon in the north… so bad that I was lazy and hungry :stuck_out_tongue:

A 50 year old policeman riding his scoot was hit in the head by a flying brick during the typhoon and died . So I guess it’s probably unwise to be out there in the storm. Just before is ok I guess though?