Ridiculous Christmas (2020 edition)

It wasn’t Christmas, it was that deeply-meaningful holiday, Constitution Day.

1 Like

But it was Xmas to us. It was Jesus’ birthday. And they took it away.

Wankers.

1 Like

Your country have an official holiday for Diwali? Or Eid al Fitr? I’m as much in favour of holidays as the next guy, but do we have a holiday for every very minor foreign tradition?

How many people celebrate Jesus’ birthday compared to getting pissed with friends and family?

It was years before I realized Christmas had anything to do with Jesus. I thought Santa was the Christmas deity.

2 Likes

Isn’t that how you’re supposed to celebrate it?

1 Like

Huh? Jesus if he actually existed, wasn’t necessarily born on dec 25th. It’s just a custom and has changed over time.

1 Like

Christmas history

’ On Christmas, believers attended church, then celebrated raucously in a drunken, carnival-like atmosphere similar to today’s [Mardi Gras]’

2 Likes

’ When Oliver Cromwell and his Puritan forces took over England in 1645, they vowed to rid England of decadence and, as part of their effort, cancelled Christmas.’

6 Likes

I think you miss my deliberate obtuseness.

My only point is, if we’re going to have all the ridiculousness commercial pageantry then give us the ducking day off to boot.

3 Likes

And you also miss my point.

For the last time people. I couldn’t give a fuck about Jesus birthday.

I just want a day off.

3 Likes

Who ever enters Banqiao…?
:man_facepalming:

Certainly not Jesus.

2 Likes

My mate works for a Catholic uni and he gets Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off. I think he would also get Boxing Day off if it were on a weekday this year.

1 Like

It’s not quite Jerusalem, true.

1 Like

I feel there’s a virgin joke just waiting to be made here…anybody?

Maybe after the holidays.