Ridiculous!

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but here is another reminder of how utterly ridiculous and time consuming it is to take care of animal neglect in Taiwan.

Perhaps there are a few responsible pet owners in Taiwan but I have yet to see one. Most of the dog owners I see have no idea how to even take their dog for a walk, let alone take care of it. I see dogs on a leash struggling to get away from their owners who can barely control them. I also see dogs in baby strollers, dogs being carried, dogs loose and menacing pedestrians, café customers and little children. And that’s only half the story.

Numerous people in my building think it’s a great idea to put their dogs on the balcony all day and all night while they are out working their standard 16-hour shifts, or off sleeping at their boyfriend’s house for the weekend while their dogs with the devil bark yelp helplessly all day and night. The kicker is, I live in a cavern-type building where it is impossible to know where the dog is. You cannot access each floor and even if you could, that wouldn’t help because you can only hear the dog from inside an apartment, not the hallway.

Besides, it would take hours to track down the source of all the barking. A big waste of time and probably useless because someone else who has two dogs will do the same thing tomorrow.

Honesetly, Taiwan really sucks for dog owners. They are the worst!