Riding test. (Actual test booklet questions & answers)

I have the booklet that one is to study before the riding test. I’m talking scooters here, not big bikes.

I will post the questions and I will wait for a reply to post the answer. See if you can get it right. I’ll start with easy obvious questions and I will move up to the more difficult questions later. It’s just for fun.

As an introduction to this educational activity, I chose question # 20, page 22.

[quote=“Rider’s Manual, ministry of transportation”]Q. When you ride on a muddy road or a road which water has accumulated and there are pedestrians…

1-reduce your speed and avoid splashing the dirty water on the pedestrians.

2-speed up and rush into the road which water has accumulated.

3-honk the horn to make the pedestrians go away.[/quote]

The answer is…# …Nahhh… You guess first. :smiley:

bobepine

There’s no possible way it’s #3…is there?

obviousily 2 …or else you’ll never make it through.
I dont wanna push it out. :loco:

If there is so much water etc…why are the people out?..they are probably wet already anyways. :unamused:

The answer is # 2. Seriously. You’re supposed to speed up through the puddles and the mud when pedestrians are nearby.

Ok. Question # 48 p.25

[quote]Q. How does a rider think about his clothes and appearance?

1- He is free about them.

2-He can wear slippers.

3-He should be clean and tidy.[/quote]

bobepine

PS: energy, you solved what was a mistery to me. :notworthy:

That one was on my test. It’s #3.

Apparently the difference between sandals and slippers is that sandals have a heel strap. If you have no heel strap, you are DRIVING ILLEGALLY. You horrible person.

I know you wrote “Seriously”…but…are you serious? If you see water on the road with pedestrians around…the test says you should speed up? C’mon…you must have read it again. Either that or you are in flagrant violation of the proper useage of the word “seriously”.

Brendon got the second question right. Yes you should be clean and tidy. :slight_smile:

[quote]
I know you wrote “Seriously”…but…are you serious? If you see water on the road with pedestrians around…the test says you should speed up? C’mon…you must have read it again. Either that or you are in flagrant violation of the proper useage of the word “seriously”.[/quote]I am not kidding, it says that you need to speed up. If you look at energy’s post, the logic behind such riding technique is simple…I bet it’s lost in translation though, in Chinese they probably mean large and deep puddles but still, I’m not sure speeding up through it is the best option. :noway:

I’ve been back to Canada twice in the last three years and I’ve gotten away with renewing my intl. drivers licence but now it expired so I have to pass the test soon. Good thing I’m studying for it…

Ok, next question, # 44, p.28 (True or false)

bobepine

In any event, this test is obsolete and just breeds retarded road users. Maybe the translation from Chinese makes it look worse than it is, but the root of most questions is just unnecessary to obtain a scooter/motorcycle permit. Are there any questions about blind spots? in fact, are there any about having mirrors and using them?..It’s actually more of a joke than anything else!.. :loco:

So I think like the TW gov’t. :astonished:

No wonder I seem to fit in here.

That means that lying on my taxes is normal and very appreciated so the poor workers dont have to do anythig irregular.

Hmm…this has a profound impact.

I guess somewhere I am normal. :wink:

[quote=“skylarkpuma”]Are there any questions about blind spots? in fact, are there any about having mirrors and using them?..It’s actually more of a joke than anything else!.. :loco:[/quote] Good point! I didn’t think about that. I read the whole book and nothing in there about mirrors or blind spot. Must not be important. :wink: [quote]I guess somewhere I am normal.[/quote] Do not flatter yourself. :stuck_out_tongue:

The following however is indispensable knowledge: Question # 46 p.25

[quote]Q. If the oils catches fire, you should immediately put it out…

1-with water

2-with a fire extinguisher, soil or cover it with damp cloth or quilt

3-with a tree branch nearby[/quote]

bobepine