”Right” last week tonight

You need brains and self-awareness to be funny. Most of the conservative right wing lack either (not all, some are funny).

How about Norm McDonald? Does he count as right wing? Funny as hell.

IMO it doesn’t matter if your right or left when it comes it being “funny”.

I have never found anyone who identifies themselves as a overly conservative or liberal to be funny. The left likes to police language, words and things you can and can’t say, if that’s not anti-comedy idk what is. And the right can’t seem to deal with self deprecating comedy.

You can’t have PC culture and comedy exist in the same space.

I just can’t take any more of these “comedians” cracking jokes about Donald trump. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel because it’s waaaay too socially acceptable to mock him.

2 Likes

Making fun of the political class has always been an easy/cheap way to collect some laughs for “”“comedians”“”. Unfortunately we come from 8 years during which making fun of #44 for absolutely haram. Those pundits/comedians/whatever are now trying to make up for it, without even trying to add a bit of variety in their sketches.

It’s soooo played out now. We get it.

orange man bad

Roaring applause from audience

Putin uses Trump’s mouth as his cock holster

Audience keels over in side splitting laughter. Ambulances need to be called as some audience members have suffered brain aneurysms due to late night comedians insanely comical larffffss

It used to be more balanced. Since people mentioned Oliver, I think some of his shows that I’ve seen in the past that were not centered on “orange man bad / gop bad” were pretty interesting, sometimes he would discuss social or economical issues in a funny, although biased, way. Now between him, kimmel and the rest of the crew it’s just non stop:" SDRUMPFFF" *insert laugh.sfx here

I find bill maher to be the best.

I’ve used to watch most of his stuff, I especially liked his work about religion. Around 2016 he became one of the early “orange man bad” who’d talk about trump non stop and I lost interest in him, I don’t really know what he’s been doing recently.

Talks about how him and his bleeding heart liberal crew are going to lose 2020 if they don’t get their shit together and stop acting like grandmothers clutching their pearls everytime DRUMPTH says something. And how they are basically losing the youth demographic as the dems double down on PC culture. Basically liberals need to man up and stop being such pussies who cry about trump rather than actually thinking about how to fix their own policies and to stop cannibalizing each other over “muh racism” and “muh sexism”.

He’s pretty self aware on how fucked they are and how/why it happened.

So even an Npc can brake the conditioning and exit the matrix…fascinating.

1 Like

You could say he took the red pill on some issues.

Used to watch him, stopped maybe 5 years ago. Every show started with him hitting the lowest of low hanging fruit, the Jew jokes, the black jokes, the Conservative hillbilly jokes., the gay jokes His delivery was weak, as though he tried to make it self deprecating, but he had no attachment to the target.

He tours around here from time to time, last time was one week before Trump was elected. In retrospect, THAT would have been an interesting show to go to, as people in the know, even Michael Moore, knew Trump was probably going to win bigly.

My issue with him now, and many on the Left is tat they do not really get what the US does for the world, ie Bretton Woods. Bill did a show where he had a plate of food to represent the US budget. The military was the potatoes or something. There was a huge glob of potatoes. The gist of the panel discussion was that Free Trade EU style is good, but big military is bad. They didn’t get that the US Navy provides trade security for the entire world and if it were gone or reduced, interruptions to those routes would almost assuredly immediately begin. But…it’s early, and I’m only a 1/2 a cup into the day. ymmv

2 Likes

This just in:

There was a scare in Hollywood on Monday when a suspicious package addressed to Bill Maher was reported to authorities — and the powerhouse management firm that reps the comic had to evacuate its offices.