Road Bike Accessories

Let us know about the quality, I’d love to get 2 kits for me and my wife!

Some controversial clothing options there; Dopestrong replica kit? Or how about a Team Sky yellow jersey. It would almost be an ironic act to wear one of them this year. :sunglasses:

Btw if you want to browse bricks and mortar clothing check out this place in Shilin: linksports.com.tw/. They got loads of stuff and can do kit design too.

I didn’t venture too much from what I’ve seen in stores and online since I ordered a Giants set, so I wouldn’t know about the others.

They do allow you to mix and match too! I was originally going to go with a Pinnarello shirt/pants, sky arm sleeve, and Giant gloves. Seller was fine with that. I assume you can do that with all the 1600NT sets.

Also, if you want the pants to be shoulder strap pants, it’s an extra 100NT for the 1600NT sets.

Will definitely get back to everyone here once I receive my shipment.

Seller ships from Taipei and he says 4-7 business days for shipment to arrive. :discodance:

::EDIT::
Catch? [strike]No exchanges! :ohreally:[/strike] The possibility of it being counterfeit. My Chinese literacy failed me, exchanges are ok!

1600nt for a team-kit is 110% counterfeit, the original ones sell for 5/6 times as much!

All the reviews had me convinced that the stuff is pretty legit.

The only assumption that I can conclude is the seller has a very very large inventory and that’s why they can sell at such low prices. I’m really hoping I’m right.

I’m going glass half empty on this one.

Of COURSE it’s counterfeit.

Not that I necessarily have a problem with that.

It’s definitely counterfeit Ranley. If you go on ali express and search for monton cycling you can probably get it even cheaper. Get yourself a polka dot jersey for posing at the coffee shop.

I like the Castelli kit, but real Castelli kit (the manufacturer Castelli is excellent, BTW) cost 10 times as much. Of course it’s fake.

And Yes, buy lots of Livestrong stuff. Or US Postal. Or Discovery. and mix and match with the SKy team stuff.

We LOVE irony on the Flob.

[quote=“urodacus”]I like the Castelli kit, but real Castelli kit (the manufacturer Castelli is excellent, BTW) cost 10 times as much. Of course it’s fake.

And Yes, buy lots of Livestrong stuff. Or US Postal. Or Discovery. and mix and match with the SKy team stuff.

We LOVE irony on the Flob.[/quote]

I always had a feeling in the back of my head that it would be counterfeit, but you guys are getting my hopes up. :neutral: I know for sure that the black/gray gloves that I ordered are not a real color because Giant store said Giant did not have that color this season.

I’ll know for sure when I start getting rashes on the family jewels. Then I know to not go cheap on these kinds of things.

I guess all the buyers that left comments don’t mind that it’s counterfeit. Most of the comments are pretty up beat.

Is it counterfeit? Yes, there’s no way it’s the official kit of the team.
But that doesn’t mean the quality is bad! There’s a lot of good factories in Taiwan/'Nam/Cambodia/Malaysia and polyester is a material that everyone knows how to handle.

The main differences are usually the % of lycra (very low on counterfeit products), the resistance of colors, the quality of the seat pad, but at the end of the day you’re paying a fraction of a regular kit.
A quick look at Castelli on Wiggle, and JUST THE BIBS cost nearly 4000nt. Wiggle has the largest stock among any online store for cycling products, so there’s no way someone could offer a full kit for 1600nt.

[quote=“Ibis2k12”]Is it counterfeit? Yes, there’s no way it’s the official kit of the team.
But that doesn’t mean the quality is bad! There’s a lot of good factories in Taiwan/'Nam/Cambodia/Malaysia and polyester is a material that everyone knows how to handle.

The main differences are usually the % of lycra (very low on counterfeit products), the resistance of colors, the quality of the seat pad, but at the end of the day you’re paying a fraction of a regular kit.
A quick look at Castelli on Wiggle, and JUST THE BIBS cost nearly 4000nt. Wiggle has the largest stock among any online store for cycling products, so there’s no way someone could offer a full kit for 1600nt.[/quote]

Thanks the comforting and e-hugs.

I assume with this typhoon coming in. I won’t receive my shipment until next Monday. Which sucks because I was hoping to get out for a ride this Sunday in full gear.

Alright so I got my shipment on Friday and got on the road with said gear on Saturday. Here’s a quick picture blog and my :2cents: on the items.

Gloves

The only part of the package that I don’t think was counterfeit due to its packaging. The gloves are the 400NT gloves you get at most Giant shops with very thin padding.
Shirt Packaging

Front Shirt

Detailed front

Back

Detailed back

Arm sleeve packaging

Arm sleeves

Pants Packaging

Pants (blurry, sorry!)

Pants Material

Pants butt pad

All in all, the printing itself on the apparel, is a little fuzzy, which clearly states that the items are not genuine, however, after one 40km right with them. I will have to say that the pants were the biggest issue for me. I’m not sure if I’m putting them on at a wrong or anything, but the butt pad is somewhat shifted to the left, giving a lot of cushion to my left butt cheek, resulting in my right butt cheek being jealous.

Do mind that I did wear a base layer under both the shirt and pants, due to the fact that it may be cheap material and I didn’t want the possibility of rashes.

I have not thrown anything in the washing machine yet since I usually hand wash most of my athletic apparel. So no report on damages there just yet. I’m sure one day I will get lazy and throw it in the wash.

Delivery was quick! The seller says shipment should arrive in 7-10 working days after payment, but I got mine in 4 (even with the typhoon in the middle of the week).

Here’s the link again
http://class.ruten.com.tw/user/index00.php?s=pldzh11

Any other specific questions I missed, feel free to PM me.

FWIW I would recommend you don’t wear a base layer between your shorts and skin. Most people find most comfort if you wear them as they are or with some chamois creme (butt cream), that’s how they’re designed to be worn. They sell the cream in most giant stores, but there’s a whole host of flavours available. I’m a fan of assos myself.

Kit looks just the same as a few fake bits I’ve bought from china in the past, does the job fine for me. I’ve never cared at all for cheap kit, I just throw it in the wash, nothing has fallen apart yet.

Assos Chamois Cream is THE cream!

Anyway as mentioned by ShutUpLegs don’t wear anything between pants and skin, it may help a bit.
The quality of the pad can make a huge difference too, and there’s not much to do there!

Are you still using the standard saddle that came with your bike?

[quote=“Ibis2k12”]Assos Chamois Cream is THE cream!

Anyway as mentioned by ShutUpLegs don’t wear anything between pants and skin, it may help a bit.
The quality of the pad can make a huge difference too, and there’s not much to do there![/quote]

I guess I’ll test out the no base layer on a shorter ride, but since it was my first long climb, I went with what was comfortable and what seemed right.

Yes, I don’t plan on making any changes to the stock bike yet. Probably after a year or so, I’ll think about switching on and off parts. First thing that goes will probably be the handle grip, once the white turns grey, or black.

I’m going to order a couple of XL size legs.

So you can switch on the extra pair of legs when your natural legs get tired on climbs? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Resurrecting this thread real quick since I am researching my next upgrade.

clipless/pedals

A fellow Forumosan suggested I go with LOOK Keo pedals and Shimano RO87 shoes.

Which is in the range of what I was planning on spending on this upgrade, 5000-5500NT.

Unless anyone else has any other suggestions for a first time clip-less user?

Anyone know any stores (aside from Giant stores) in Taipei that have a wide variety of shoes I can choose from? Everything I have bought have been from the Giant store, I want to switch it up a little. I know their shoe selection is not the greatest too.

[quote=“ranlee”]Resurrecting this thread real quick since I am researching my next upgrade.

clipless/pedals

Which is in the range of what I was planning on spending on this upgrade, 5000-5500NT.

Anyone know any stores (aside from Giant stores) in Taipei that have a wide variety of shoes I can choose from? Everything I have bought have been from the Giant store, I want to switch it up a little. I know their shoe selection is not the greatest too.[/quote]

Tell you one thing, my cheapie Exustars lasted a lot longer than my carbon Specialized. Exustar isn’t a bad idea for baby’s first shoe.

[quote=“ranlee”]Resurrecting this thread real quick since I am researching my next upgrade.

clipless/pedals

Anyone know any stores (aside from Giant stores) in Taipei that have a wide variety of shoes I can choose from? Everything I have bought have been from the Giant store, I want to switch it up a little. I know their shoe selection is not the greatest too.[/quote]
La Boutique Du Velo has a very large selection of cycling shoes. I know two locations in Taipei. The first being in the Shilin area (單車喜客自行車人文精品店
111台北市士林區忠誠路一段40號), the second in the Far eastern mall (Neihu).

I personally preferred the Shilin one. It is slightly more roomy, has a larger selection and the employees seem more relaxed and helpful. We also managed to get a 15% discount on our shoes after some haggling.
On that note… When we went to the Neihu store because a friend of ours wanted some shoes that were sold out at the Shilin store, they didn’t want to give more than 5-10% discount at first. We managed to squeeze out 15% only after showing our receipt from the Shilin store. For your consideration :wink: