Road conditions in Kaohsiung (Rant)

I like to keep my scooter clean. On weekeds I often spare an hour to clean and shine it. It lasts for about 3 kilometers on average. :fume:

With the MRT being built, there is construction on every major road. To avoid dust, they usually wet the roads and turn it into mud. :loco:

So, on a beautiful sunny day, I clean my bike only to see it covered in mud minutes later. I’m so sick of it, there’s no way around it, they wet the roads EVERYWHERE! :noway:

If I owned a new car and got it cleaned and polished, I’m not kidding, I think I would pull over and stick that garden hose up where the sun never shines. :smiling_imp:

Rant over.

bobepine

I feel you my man,

actually, they water the roads because they believe that a new one will grow from underneath all of that dust! :unamused:

A scooter can be cleaned resonably quick, but my GS is quite an affair since there is no fairing and just a whole lot of engine and detailing to clean…I gave my bike a great wash a few weeks back and I ended riding through one of those kinds of “watered” roads out on the country side…I was pissed…I washed the bike again and it happened again, this time in another place… :fume:

Now, I agree that the GS is meant to get dirty and that’s perfectly normal when going “off-road”, but not on a splendid sunny day on otherwise smooth paved roads! it just breaks the shiny nice bike mood!

Cheers

Yep…I feel this thread. Sunny day…wet roads. Gotta hate it.

Near my house on the way to the nice riding roads there is a quarry. And all the big trucks carrying gravel from the place seep water all over the roads…and then other trucks come and spray water to clean up the water left by the gravel trucks.

And I pretty much have to take that road to get to work.

Back home in Jockland they’ve just driven through of a few months worth of wet, gritty rock salt, spread over the roads to stop them sliding around on the ice. Imagine what that does for the shiny bike buzz.

Feel any better?

I think it’s the lesser of two evils: It’s either chocking dust and clogged eyes or wet roads. I think I’d prefer the wet roads.

I do not appreciate you flaming me like this. You’re mean and I bet your bike is dirty so you have no say in this. Mods, flame the troll. :wink:

bobepine

I do not appreciate you flaming me like this. You’re mean and I bet your bike is dirty so you have no say in this. Mods, flame the troll. :wink:

bobepine[/quote]

Full face helmet, so no clogged eyes or choking.

bobepine[/quote]

Full face helmet, so no clogged eyes or choking.[/quote]

OK, so if the VaderFace is effective that’s you sorted, but you’re just passing through on your shiny steed. (Who, cough… was that Masked Stranger?cough, cough.)

What about the poor buggers that live/work in the affected area?

Tsk. Tsk.

Funny :laughing: . Good post .

bobepine[/quote]

Full face helmet, so no clogged eyes or choking.[/quote]

OK, so if the VaderFace is effective that’s you sorted, but you’re just passing through on your shiny steed. (Who, cough… was that Masked Stranger?cough, cough.)

What about the poor buggers that live/work in the affected area?

Tsk. Tsk.[/quote] :laughing: :laughing: cough… :laughing: :laughing: cough… :laughing: :bravo:

bobepine