Road Rage Shooting in Taipei

This was in last weeks paper as told to me by my Taiwanese girlfriend…

Women is driving home. Aggresive driver in sports car comes zooming up behind her and starts hitting his horn for her to move over so he can pass. She hits the brakes instead (whether to piss him off or because she was startled…who knows?). The sports car driver angered by her braking while in front of him comes alongside of her and shoots a few rounds through her windows. A few people take down shooters license plate number. Shooter is later found to be the son of a police chief…no charges were filed against him.

Must be fucking nice to be a cop’s son in a THIRD WORLD F’ING COUNTRY!!!

<EDIT: another poster mentions it was actually a politician’s son>

Nice… :noway:

And a lousy shot to boot…

And her not allowed to defend herself.

He was actually the son of a politician, if I read the papers and watched the news correctly.

He was actually the son of a politician, if I read the papers and watched the news correctly.[/quote]

Fair enough. I was getting the info third hand…

So it’s on the news…and in the papers…and the whole country knows about it. And nothing will happen to the guy? What a joke this country is.

Reminds me of my favorite “whole country knows” story.

Tainan police cheif’s son (really a cop this time) takes after his dad and is violent towards women. One day his mother comes home to find that after a more violent than usually raping of his 12 year old sister he’s left her all bloodied up. Her seeing her bloodied 12 year old daughter on the floor crying…is too much for her to take. She calls the police and they come and arrest her son.

Happy ending? No…not when police are involved.

Father gets home. Is furious when he finds out what his wife has done. So after smacking her about he goes down to the police station and brings his son home. So is the young girl still being beaten and raped by her borther?..of course…and does the whole country know about it?..yep, they do.

That’s un-feckin-believable!! :fume:

Shouldn’t the guy be charged anyway just because he has a gun, and fired it in public, AT a person, who was in no way threatening his life!?? How can someone NOT be charged for that? I thought guns were illegal (aside from armed forces and police) in Taiwan?

Absolutely ridiculous.

reason number 34,278 why Taiwan is, and will continue to be, the undisputed backwater of Asia… :loco:

omfg… someone break out the Batlight please.

It’s a change of plan from the original police statement that “we will catch him no matter what it costs.”

It seems that they can’t find the gun and link it to the shooter, so they gave up. The Taiwanese police have the scientific knowhow to carry out forensic tests on the material of the car seats, the shooters clothing and other parts of the car for fragments and match it with the bullets in the victims car.

But no. The pay-off from the govenment official must have been far too high for them to investigate any further.

Now, although Taiwan is bad, I don’t think it is The Backwater of Asia. Malaysia is far more corrupt, along with Thailand and China. I’d rather live here than any of those places for any legnth of time.
Malaysia just sucks.

[quote=“Dangermouse”]Now, although Taiwan is bad, I don’t think it is The Backwater of Asia. Malaysia is far more corrupt, along with Thailand and China. I’d rather live here than any of those places for any legnth of time.
Malaysia just sucks.[/quote]

Not good company is it though? Taiwan is after Japan, the best example of working democracy in the region but these kind of incidents, and riots by migrant workers do nothing for Taiwan’s public image on the world stage. They need to clean their act up.

Excuse my language, but this is absolutely fucking digusting and is the sort of thing that makes me ashamed to defend Taiwan as a modern, progressive society.

For all I complain about England or Western life in general and for all the corruption and injustice that goes on everywhere in the world, it’s a simple fact that a truly developed society would see this guy behind bars for attempted manslaughter.

Taiwan - you’ve still got a long long way to go, my girl.

[quote=“Mordeth”]This was in last weeks paper as told to me by my Taiwanese girlfriend…

Women is driving home. Aggresive driver in sports car comes zooming up behind her and starts hitting his horn for her to move over so he can pass. She hits the brakes instead (whether to piss him off or because she was startled…who knows?). The sports car driver angered by her braking while in front of him comes alongside of her and shoots a few rounds through her windows. A few people take down shooters license plate number. Shooter is later found to be the son of a police chief…no charges were filed against him.

Must be fucking nice to be a cop’s son in a THIRD WORLD F’ING COUNTRY!!!

<EDIT: another poster mentions it was actually a politician’s son>[/quote]

[quote=“WeiLong”][quote=“Dangermouse”]Now, although Taiwan is bad, I don’t think it is The Backwater of Asia. Malaysia is far more corrupt, along with Thailand and China. I’d rather live here than any of those places for any legnth of time.

Not good company is it though? Taiwan is after Japan, the best example of working democracy in the region but these kind of incidents, and riots by migrant workers do nothing for Taiwan’s public image on the world stage. They need to clean their act up.[/quote]

Not true.

[quote=“j99l88e77”][quote=“WeiLong”][quote=“Dangermouse”]Now, although Taiwan is bad, I don’t think it is The Backwater of Asia. Malaysia is far more corrupt, along with Thailand and China. I’d rather live here than any of those places for any legnth of time.

Not good company is it though? Taiwan is after Japan, the best example of working democracy in the region but these kind of incidents, and riots by migrant workers do nothing for Taiwan’s public image on the world stage. They need to clean their act up.[/quote]

Not true.[/quote]

Now this is just annoying in a silly way. You can scream is/isn’t is/isn’t is/isn’t until the cows come homebut you really haven’t said anything. It’s neither true nor false, it’s an opinion. It’s my opinion. If you disagree with it I suggest you explain yourself.

I looked back in the newspaper archieves and the story, as I read it, said there were no witnesses, but the women got home, saw bullet-holes in her car and went to the police. They got the guy’s licence plate number from the video cameras at a toll station and tracked him down. The guy himself was a light-weight politician of some sort. They couldn’t find any gun so they couldn’t/wouldn’t charge him.

Well, there ya go. This whole big stink has been for nothing. Let’s call it “The Nothing Thread”.

After all this horse-shit & brouhaha this is what it comes down to?

Rubbish. Just rubbish. Just impotent rubbish.

Err…ahh…well…Sandman writes about a guy in a Lexus running a red light and hitting an old man. The three cops present working the lights took the Lexus’ drivers side…since he drove a Lexus. And told the old man to be more careful. Sandman just wrote that in another thread…but fits the mood we had going in here perfectly. :stuck_out_tongue:

what can you expect in a country where politicians debate matters with physical violence? :s

Lunch box fights on TV :laughing:

Lunch box fights on TV :laughing:[/quote]

and continuing on this point… did anyone see ‘the cat in the hat’?? guess what was on tv when they sat down to watch? “Taiwan Parliament” :unamused: