Road Rage

Once I had a guy hit me with his car and he left me laying in the road. I was riding my bike and had just come off the mountain so I still had on my full face helmet and all my pads so I actually was not hurt. I jumped back on my bike and chased the guy. About 10 blocks away I caught up to him in traffic at a red light.
He locked all his doors and stared straight ahead, hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel, however as soon as I turned my back and started to walk away he jumped out of his car and tried to catch me with a sucked punch.
Even if he had managed to land it would have mattered little as I was still fully armored up.
Now here is the part that really made me mad, after he swung and missed I grabbed him by the hair and punched him in the face, he crumpled like a little sissy and started to cry saying “no! no! stop! I am sorry , I am sorry!”
This made me much angrier, as he was not sorry he had hit and left me in the street he was sorry I caught him and sorry he was taking a beating for his failed sucker punch. The crying and pleading was just so pathetic I could not continue.

But I ask you
What kind of human being leaves someone laying in the road?

Some years ago some guy cut me off really badly so I had to swerve and almost overturned to avoid eating Armco. I went after him, but him being in an Passat VR6 and me in a Ford Pronto he probably figured he didn’t need to apologize, and gave me the finger out the window instead. Well, I had a V6 in that Pronto and after a 5km chase I caught him at a red light. I went over and opened the driver’s door, the driver tried to escape out the passenger side, but I caught him by the tie. He was wailing he was sorry, I said “來不及” and started punching him in the face. I’m not as nice as you are, so I didn’t stop punching him until my arm was tired.
I guess he’ll be more careful with that gesture in future, though I doubt his driving style will change.

Ok, time for my recent punch up…

A few months ago, I was riding the “Z” to Sun Moon lake and Plasmatron was on his BMW ahead of me…It was early in the morning and I was still warming up, so I was taking it easy…We were on a mountain pass road that offers a variety of driving from hairpins to straights…on one of these straights I came up to a car that was going quite slow, so from far back I started to overtake him…there was amle room for the overtake to be done safely and in a timely fashion…but, the guy in the car decided that it wasn’t the day he was going to get passed by a bike so he hit the gas in order to speed up his car to stop me from finishing my overtake!..

I’ve had experiences in the past with these kinds of drivers, so I laid back behind him and waited for another place to pass, this time more aggressively and faster…I manged to pass him and get on my merry way…I lost him and got back to my cruise…a few minutes later, I heard screeching tires…I looked into my mirrors only to see that same car swinging left to right in desperation to keep up…I wasn’t in the mood for a dumb challenge and he was getting close to my back tire…I moved over and let him pass so he could continue with his heroics!..but, once he was in front of me, he hit the brakes as hard as he could and completely stopped his car…I managed to stop clear of his bumper and pulled up beside his drivers door…his window was down and he was shouting all kinds of nonsense at me…I just sat there in disbelief knowing that he was asking for it…then, I just said, “you wanna go?”…he said, “yeah”…so, I pulled the bike over on the side, away from any place it could get knocked over and damaged…I pulled my gloves and helmet off as quick as I could and by this time, he was out of his car…

…this not being my first fight,(like all good hockey playing Canadians would know)…I just walked over to him, grabbed the back side of his collar and cracked him the top shot to the nose!..an instant broken nose followed by gushing blood…I gave him a few more shots till he started dropping in my hands…at which point he was saying faintly “i’m sorry”…

I hadn’t noticed, but his wife was out of the car watching the whole thing and she was cursing at me…her hsuband told her to back off since he didn’t want to escalate the situation!..

The guy just lay there on the ground with blood everywhere and he looked up at me and pointed to my Arai helmet and said, “I know that replica design, it’s from Gary McCoy, the racer”…I said “yep that’s right”…he then started to tell me how he liked motorcycle racing when he was younger and proceeded to name some of the racing greats of the past!..He then just seemed like a normal dude who had overstepped himeself and gotten a serious beating, and felt shame at himeself!..Since his wife wasn’t doing anything, I got a bottle of water out of his car and splashed some water on his face and hands…he then apologized for everything and seemed genuinly shamed at his dumb mistake…

I started to get my helmet and gloves on when he came over and handed me his business card and said we could go for a beer if I came to Taipei!..Of course, I didn’t keep the card…but what a weird outcome!..however, it’s sad to see that so many locals can’t control themselves and don’t realise the thrashing they can get if they cross those lines!..

sorry fo rthe long post!

Hey thats not long when it is good. They really do not know how to fight here do they. Yet they always want to challenge you. I have had a few cry after being hit and that just got me more pissed off. If you want to start a fight at least be man enough not to cry. About the card, maybe it would be a set up if you ever called him. Smart move to lose it.

You should have left the helmet on and let him hit you. It’s fun to watch their reaction of “Gee that hurts!”. Well, No s**t Dick Tracy! I used to wear a ring which was my chop, that way I wouldn’t keep losing it. Stopped wearing it after a perfect imprint of my Chinese name was on a guys face. After a few nice ones though I have tried to calm down and just laugh, doesn’t always work though.

Well thanks for the stories they are great. Keep em coming. I like to know that I am not the only one out there who has lost er a few times.

I once got door jacked on Ren Ai Rd. by a passenger in a taxi. I flew over my handle bars, crumpled the door to the cab. I’m laying in my own little blood pool and he gives me a shrug, then says

"Sorry, " …and walks away. So I pulled him off his feet Darth Vader style by his necktie to give him a better look at the situation.

After working out the damage assesment to both my bike and the cab door the guy comes good with some cash. (I was still holding onto his tie)

I wanted my bike to be accessed prperly got his ID # etc. Turns out that he was a Tai Da University professor, he offers to pay $5,000 NT over the repair cost (I declined)

He later explained in an e-mail to me ,“I don’t know what came over me…I just walked away without thinking.”

I also open hand slapped a stocky, bald guy with lots of tattoos who hit me while I was on a bicycle and slid me over the backend of his car.

I threw my flimsy bicycle helmet at his back window and he backed up quickly jumped out of his car and rushed me, I literally bitch slapped him so hard it rocked him on his heels and put him into shock. There was a black mark on face from where my hand slid across the asphalt.

I gave him a lecture in badly sputterd Chinese–he apologized…

Taiwanese Road rage seems to end when ya get 'em out of the vehicle and reality sets in.

[/quote]I guess he’ll be more careful with that gesture in future, though I doubt his driving style will change.[/quote]

And that’s the main point, isn’t it? These fools NEVER learn from their mistakes and continue their appalling driving habits as if they’re the only people on the road. You’ll get some family on the 50cc Fuzzy, driving kitty corner through a busy intersection and they almost get creamed 4 times, and they’ll just do the exact same thing tomorrow. :loco:

I was heading down a narrow, but busy road, leading out of the Feng Jia nightmarket in Taichung - it’s always busy, night or day.

It’s 9 at night and I’m doing about 40-50km/h. A department store blue truck barrels through a red light at high speed, leaving me one second and three metres to make a decision from a very limited set of options.

I braked hard, dropped the bike to the left and landed on my feet, running leftward from the overall momentum of the dropping action.

Fool rides on, without stopping. I hop back on the Fuzzy (thank the beauty for it’s disk brakes), catch up with him a couple of blocks later, stop my scooter in front of the truck, walk up to his truck, rip the keys out the ignition, point the damage on my scooter, point to my shocked self and demand $5000.

He blubbers something (figure he’d been on the whisbey), and gets on the horn to who I presume was his boss. He offers me $2000.

I took it, and the couple hundred he had on the dash of the truck. Tossed the keys on the roof of his truck and rode off shaking like a leaf.

And I’ll do it again, anytime, anywhere.

Good job DM! :bravo: I like the keys on the roof trick especially. Sounds like me and throwing the keys across the road into the sewer to some crazy ass driver. I’ve also punched through the window to grab a guy and pull him out the window so that I could get his keys and drive away with them(later tossed them). Now, I have calmed down though. usually anyway. :wink:

Bubba, It doesn’t matter what they do they always seem to do things “without thinking”. That is the problem. They don’t think they just assume someone else will do the thinking for them the same as it has been all their lives. Dad and Mom at home(especially Dad), teachers at school, boyfriends later on and then anyone else they can think of at any given time. The sheep mentality. Don’t think because then you just might have to be responsible for your own actions.

A few months ago, I was driving to Sun Moon lake with my wife, and this guy on a bike started showing off by trying to overtake me. I didn’t let him, and then … Hey! Wait a minute … :noway:

The wife and i play a nice trick ocassionally which works best at night on country roads. Take pictures with a digital camera or just use a flash.
Did this weekend as the local idiots decided in convoy that they would use what little hard shoulder there was and also overtaking round blind bends on the road back from Ilan. Got the wife to wind down her window, as one came by just press the button, off goes the flash and the rest disappear back into line as quick as you can say thingamagig.
Dont it a few times over the years, never had anyone try to stop us about it either, guess they must assume we are police in an unmarked car.

Good trick! I think I will use it sometime. Thanks!

I think if I saw your wife flashing, I’d definitely slow down. :wink:

[quote=“Traveller”]guess they must assume we are police in an unmarked car.[/quote]I’ve seen this done a few times, it’s a good tactic. I guess they don’t see where the flash came from, just assume it’s a speed camera etc.

What kind of car do you drive?

I had a foreigner friend that was surrounded by Angry Taiwanese dudes one day in his jeep. He didn’t know what he did wrong but they started pounding on his jeep with bats, so he threw it into 4-low and pushed their car off the closest embankment and into a rice field hehehe.

Yeah flippin’ the bird really gets them pissed, eh? A friend and I were on our way (on Huskies) back from Puli when a blue truck did something sort of stupid and my pal flips him the big one… Holy shit! I could see the fire in the guy’s eyes. It was fun because he didn’t care about me so I just kept even to his window (smiling). My buddy was scared and on the run in a full tuck. I was hoping he’d get caught at a light so I could watch it unfold, but no. I too have played about 15 years of hockey and love a good fight.

The closest I came to pounding on a guy was when I was making a right in my (little 800cc) van and a guy flew up the shoulder and almost killed me… if I didn’t look first I’d have been seriously hurt. So I chased him down… no V6 though :frowning: anyway, I got him. I said “what the fuck are you doing” in Taiwanese and got the reply that I wanted. He got out of the car. There were two problems; he turned out to be 6’ 200 lbs (my match :frowning: ); we were in the middle of an intersection. So I said and pointed “over there jackass”! So we both drove over to the side of the road and got out. I puffed up like a wrestler and started at him, I was cocked and loaded to throw one… he turtles and starts to cry. I wasn’t going to hit him anyway so that was good enough for me. I’m the only white guy in Nantao City so if I pound on this guy infront of all the witness… whitey goes to jail and we all get a bad name.

Sorry about the longie.

Things can go horribly wrong, as they did in this case, from my country - good, ol’ Souf Efrika…

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=vn20050504083042117C738565

And that kinda thing happens frequently back home!

OK, so yesterday I was out on my mountain bike. I went up to the monument at the top of the military graveyard place behind Academia Sinica. I took my time coming down, cos I’m well aware there’s often some “eejit” (that’s N.Irish for idiot) not looking when he pulls out.

On the left there is a car park about 3/4 of the way down, and there was a guy waiting to pull out in his little crappy nissan size-of-a-mini car. I though “OK, he’s probably gonna pull out in front of me, so I’ll be careful.” But, he didn’t pull out, so after I got past the point were is would be completely RIDICULOUS for him to change his mind, I let off the brakes a bit.

Then, of course, he decided to pull out, right in front of me. I had to skid to not plough into him. I mean, I couldn’t believe it, and I was already expecting people to do stupid stuff. I was just a few feet behind his rear windscreen by the time he straightened out, so I pointed my finger at him, shouted some obsenities, and as he tried to just accelerate off, I very purposely gave him the finger. For once, I actually HOPED he would pull over, cos I wanted to teach him a lesson. Seriously, he could easily have killed me pulling out like that.

He continued to try to accelerate away, and I tried to chase him, but the gap was growing.

Then… a red light appeared in the distance. Haha, I thought. I wonder if he’ll run that rather that face the music.

He ran the light. If only he’d been caught… Anyway, I at least got a giggle out of the fact that he felt threatened enough to do that.

I like to puff up my chest real big like and start making gorilla noises and scratching my head. People have no idea what to do with that. :smiley:

(This post should be read as if I’m speaking in remorseful sort of tone.)

I had a road rage incedent a while back. It’s not cool like the rest of yours, unfortunately. I’m going to keep this vague…for more reasons than one. But some guy on a scooter endangered me…and when I complained…he acted like I was an idiot to complain. I pathetically enough am smaller than your average Asian…but much more handy on a bike. I chased him…he didn’t notice because his scooter didn’t have any mirrors in traditional scooter punk style. I caught up…and again without any detail…caused him to wipe out. (I have another post about someone on a scooter chasing me…and wiping out trying to keep up…this is a seperate incident.)
At the time I was just angry and didn’t think. I regret it now. I’m not saying I would never do it again…I’m saying in that particular situation the punishment didn’t fit the crime. I don’t need any flames because I fully admit I was an immature asshole. Sorry, to spoil the fun in here.

[quote=“shifty”]
But I ask you
What kind of human being leaves someone laying in the road?[/quote]
:frowning:

A couple of interesting side notes…I told my boss about what I did…He laughed and said " These young punks…they only respect strength…you need to show them you are tougher or crazier than they are…and then they’ll respect you. I taught them a few lessons when I was younger myself."

This kinda seems correct when looking at skylark’s post…he beats the guy up and the guy wants to make friends.

This ladies and gentlemen is one for the head scratchers:

I was riding my bike towards a red light and a guy in a little blue truck dumps the clutch and lurches into my lane and throws his door open, all within a few seconds.

His door nails me in the handle bars, they snap right and I am thrown off the bike as it slams to a halt under me. Some how I manage to land on one leg and run the fall out only to tumble out of it after a few feet.
Some how I am ok.

I jump up in a friggin’in rage and start towards the truck to kill him, but as I look up I see he is already out of his truck with my bike in his hands saying “so sorry, so sorry!”
He gently puts my bike down and starts to ask me if I want to go to a hospital? My anger was replaced by that wet leg, weak knee thing that happens after the rush is over.

He was actually a very nice guy.

In 2 years here I have been hit 7 times. 3 of which I was sitting still at a red light.
6 of the 7 times the drivers just took off,
2 of the bailers were caught a few blocks away and given a lesson in humanity and compassion at the wrong end of a boot.

Of all the people I would never expect to stop and show compassion and humanity, a little blue truck driver would have topped my list.

I have been thrown for a serious loop here :s