Roboman waiter-server at Lees hotel Kao, anywhere else

They don’t give you a menu. I’m a laggard.

1 Like

I like ordering on a screen and having food delivered on a belt line. It’s so much more efficient. In fact I’ve been wondering for years what’s taking so long to implement it.

1 Like

I think in Kura’s case it’s a little bit of a novelty, and the prices subsidise the belt line. But elsewhere I wonder if all these semi-automated ordering methods are a bit of a false economy. I mean the cost of one staff member with a notepad, vs software updates, extra wifi repeaters that have to be kept running, not to forget all the times the system breaks or people make a mistake requiring human intervention.

For Kura, it seems keep costs low while pay is good comapred to other food places

1 Like

good for you. I was in 3 Koalas in Hualien and they wanted us to use qr code as well. I always say I dont have a phone and order through humans, they were polite about it :slight_smile: But as far as I am concerned, without proper safety nets in place for future jobless issues, I am not going to keep accepting certain job loss programs to make bosses more rich at the same time having my data mined. Dumb and dumber in my opinion!

2 Likes
1 Like

Hopefully someone dashes into it and sues them taxi cash grab style.

![IMG
I noticed bomb shelter notice buildings in Kaoshuing City, is this in other cities too? I did not notice it before maybe not paying attention

saw on the way, to see the Roboman waiter (no tips needed). Roboman is hard at work, will try get new photos haha/

2 Likes

I saw some in Taipei City but not in our neighborhood.

Feels bad man, being forgotten/neglected.

2 Likes

Yes, several places have them I saw, I guess it will be everywhere soon.

I been to a restaurant where you order through the phone and all that…

smartphones are not optional this day and age.

Also avoid Ding Tai Fong. If you are at the Taipei 101 there’s a beef noodle shop near the City Hall MRT station that has really good dumpling and is much cheaper than Ding Tai Fong.

1 Like

There’s one of those on our building (Danshui) now!

I’m confused what’s supposed to happen, since it’s a private building and only residents can open the door into the garage.

But I’m also confused why this topic is in this thread.

3 Likes

Progress will eventually overtake, but in the States I refused to use one during covid until today and never have been denied service.

It’s give me the paper menu or leave.

Everyone that’s lived here for more than a month knows Din Tai Fung is a tourist trap.

When I came here, even us scholarship students could eat there. :grandpa:

Of course, that was last century and there was only one location.

The real xiaolongbaos are at a stand on the southbound lanes of Songjiang Road south of the MRT

2 Likes

In my experience the best taiwanese food is located in an alley somewhere, not in a major mall. Malls are good for chains like McDonald’s where the price and food is more or less consistent

maybe they need open it up people who need it if is for public use

maybe no targets in your area, so is good

1 Like

That’d make sense, and I hope that’s what the plan (?) is. I wonder if that kind of information is communicated at all. I also wonder how many people in the building actually know how to open the electric shutter when the power is off.

@Marco, maybe the different discussion here, starting with the post above about bomb shelter notices, should be separated out in a different thread? (There was a useful picture in that post before, but it seems to be gone/broken now.)

1 Like