Robots break Asimov

[quote]THE US Army is deploying armed robots in Iraq that are capable of breaking Asmov

:astonished: yikes…

if the US already manages to achieve the dubious distinction of being the world leader in battlefield deaths caused by friendly fire, imagine the new heights that will be reached once they deploy these things… :help:

What next?

[quote]
Pentagon plans cyber-insect army [/quote]

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4808342.stm

btw, nice avatar. :smiley:

I seem to recall from my basic training that a single well aimed bullet was more effective.

I seem to recall from my basic training that a single well aimed bullet was more effective.[/quote]

I think they will be well aimed:

[quote]
Later the US plans to replace the control system of the bots with a “Gameboy” type of controller hooked up to virtual reality goggles.[/quote]

After 1000 rounds though, your turn is up.

Just the thing for dealing with armed “civilians” firing on police, un-armed civilians and legitamate troops.
Vido displays should go a long way in allowing the targeting of hostiles thus reducing non-hostile injuries/fatalities. Although when non-hostiles are used as cover by the aggressors, there may be problems.

[quote=“jdsmith”]http://news.BBC.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4808342.stm
[/quote]

Wow, did you read the inset on that page?

At least with the robots you can record who you’re killing. With the animals Dragonbones listed you can only guess at their success.

And I note that these are not AI robots, so they’re not actually breaking the first law of robotics.

[quote=“twocs”]
I note that these are not AI robots, so they’re not actually breaking the first law of robotics.[/quote]

True, but somehow I suspect that is only because AI isn’t sufficiently sophisticated…yet.

I seem to recall from my basic training that a single well aimed bullet was more effective.[/quote]

I recall from my basic training that a single wired guided torpedo or well directed missile is MOST effective… :slight_smile:

Go Navy!!

I recall from my basic training that a single wired guided torpedo or well directed missile is MOST effective… :slight_smile:

Go Navy!![/quote]
I learnt in my Physics class that a large nulcear weapon well aimed was the most effective.

Go nuclear bombs… :smiley: :smiley:

Sure would make for a great co-teacher.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the CT209:

Submit your lesson plan. You have five seconds to comply.