[ROC Passport] Can I stay 7 months in Taiwan?

Thanks Hartzell, that seems to have cleared it up for me.

It appears that I missed this part of the household registration law (article 4):

在國內未曾設有戶籍,經核准定居或設戶籍者,應為初設戶籍登記

OK Falcon I stand corrected.

If anyone are interested, below is a flow chart that depicts the process of obtaining household registration, ID card and permenant residence as a “Type 2” ROC national.

[quote=“Falcon”]I find this thread both funny and amusing. The ROC Constitution clearly says that all people are equal. But what are we reading here … that there are “classes” of citizenship under ROC law !!!

Wow, here is another case where the Taiwan government is not even following their own rules !!! They are ignoring the Constitution for heavens sake !!!

[/quote]

Your legal status in the eyes of the law does not only encompass your nationality and identity documents. “Equality” refers to fundamental rights and not nationality e.g. your right to freedom regardless of your citizenship or non-citizenship

[quote=“Hartzell”]

You need to read the Immigration Law sir. These overseas Chinese can even be forcefully deported for overstaying their visas … Yes, that’s right, they need visas to return to their own country – the ROC !!

What do you mean by “overseas chinese”. Those people who have a overseas chinese passport? Or those who have never been associated with Taiwan except through ancestry. I know many people who carry “overseas chinese passports” who don’t need any sort of visa to enter or leave the country and who will never be forcefully removed. Perhaps this thread should look more into “libragirl’s” personal situation before discussing her options.

Now why is this document filed as problematic? Check their URL file structure name. The last part is interesting because then that means I can be a Type 1 citizen if I leave every 4 months!
immigration.gov.tw/immigrati … %A5%C1.gif

[quote=“Isaac”]Thanks Hartzell, that seems to have cleared it up for me.

It appears that I missed this part of the household registration law (article 4):

在國內未曾設有戶籍,經核准定居或設戶籍者,應為初設戶籍登記

OK Falcon I stand corrected.

If anyone are interested, below is a flow chart that depicts the process of obtaining household registration, ID card and permenant residence as a “Type 2” ROC national.

[/quote]