[ROC Passport] Legally Disposing of Taiwan Passport/Cit

[quote=“neck”]back to this topic.

the DSS (security clearance people) have finally got back to me and told me to get rid of my passport, and citizenship.

I went to TECO boston and they gave me a list of 9 things, that I need to provide in order to turn in my passport and renounce citizenship. some things include of local, state tax forms… police reports… imigration papers… proof of foreign citizenship…etc… I’m wondering if these records still exist since I was only 8 when i left…

those things might be hard for me to come up with… especially when I have to have someone from Taiwan get them for me…

to make a long story short… I need to get a statement/reciept for DSS from TECO sayin that I’ve done this…

does anybody know more about this procedure. I’m hoping that TECO will give me written confirmation when i turn these things in as opposed to waiting till it’s completely approved, like a couple of months later.
Neck.[/quote]
Hmm… The kind of security clearance needed for what you need to do must be tight. A friend of mine who works for a company that writes software for airports never needed that kind of clearance. I will see what I can find (if anything) and let you know. But most likely (just guessing here) they will give you some kind of written confirmation (renouncing citizenship is a big deal!). I will also ask some of my friends to see if this has been an issue with them. Good luck.