ROC passport, no ID card - parents have no ID card either - can i get residency?

Hi there

I’ve been through many forums and I cant seem to find any answers, please excuse me if this has been asked / answered already and can you please link me in the right direction.

I am a 23 year old female, I have a ROC passport but no ID number. My parents do not have ID numbers either.

I want to move to Taiwan and get residency, citizenship and get an ID number and card. Is this possible?
Can you tell me what I need to do?
What documents will I need?

I will be entering Taiwan on an entry/ exit permit and will be studying at Shi Da University (MTC).

Many thanks in advance for your help or contributions.

Hi, you do not have a Taiwan ID card, but you do have a passport, plus you are over 20, that makes thing a bit more complicated. You might want to check out Overseas Compatriot Identity Certificate. … 02&level=B