Roller Skates

I love skating, I played Roller Skate Hockey back in school and I really like to practice skating, but I have a feet size problem: It’s almost impossible for me to find skates in size 14(US) or 48(EUR).

I’d prefer quad skates with a huge braking pad in the front, because it’s what I was used to (hockey skates), but if the only alternative are in-line skates, I can do that too (they’re more similar to ice skates).

If I found some, I’d probably also buy a pair for my wife too, I’ve been meaning to teach her how to skate since we met, but never got her to try.

My daughter is/has learned inline skating at school. I want to get a pair. It’s been years but I used to roller skate, inline skate, and ice skate. Where in Taipei can I buy a pair of inlines along with all of the crash gear? I’m a man !!! I’m in Daan. Thanks

Check Decathlon. click below. Goes straight to in-lines.

1 Like

It isn’t that easy to buy decent skates. There is a skate shop in gonguan. There is also one at Taipei arena. Neither one has a great selection for kids and they are more expensive than from the US/Europe. If your daughter is age 10 plus, she should have more choice. Most people buy their skates through their coach.

Vigor Inline
02 2934 6902
https://goo.gl/maps/C7UhVHfyiKQ4qbgE6

Decathlon skates are not made to go fast and they are probably not as durable as skating specific brands.

Yes, she got hers through school. I am interested in skates for myself.

What wheels are best for street use?

I saw one in shilin

勁速直排輪劍潭店
02 2885 8758

I don’t know about the quality, just sharing that I saw this shop before.

I also saw this
百齡左岸溜冰場(社子岸)

I saw an indoor rink also but I can’t remember exactly where

There’s another outdoor skating rink to the east of that one (above) on the riverside bike path.
On south side of river across from Da-Zhi. Just copy/paste below into Google maps search.

25.074463721924268, 121.54849527630572

That place I linked has street skates. The smaller the wheels, the best they are for tricks/turning, but the slower you go and the harder it is to maintain speed. The bigger the wheel, the faster you can go, but not as easy to stop and turn. 84ml is in the middle and is what most beginner adult skates come with I think.

I’m writing like I’m an expert but I’m not. My daughter was the skater so I’d go to that shop and take a look.