Romantic dinner?

Thanks for all your replies guys, much appreciated!
I went to see a few places mentioned in this thread but
I have opted for a full service from the Grand Hyatt in their best room, with all the options I wanted.
Like Tpe Bob said, for a price they will do anything and since this is a very special occasion, I didn’t want to play it low.
Thanks again.

So tell us about it? Private room? What kind of service?

[quote=“igorveni”]Thanks for all your replies guys, much appreciated!
I went to see a few places mentioned in this thread but
I have opted for a full service from the Grand Hyatt in their best room, with all the options I wanted.
Like Tpe Bob said, for a price they will do anything and since this is a very special occasion, I didn’t want to play it low.
Thanks again.[/quote]

Glad to have helped and good on you for going for the pricier hotel option. I am sure the Grand Hyatt will ensure an excellent evening for you both.

Enjoy.

(Mind you, had you chosen the Far Eastern Plaza and it all goes south, we are just down the street and we specialize in the non-romantic drinks for one!!! :smiley: :s )

Best Regards,

Bob

Well, I went to see the Front Office Manager, I bloke by the name of Jimmy with a very distinguishable English accent, very attentif and helpful.
I told him I was celebrating a very special anniversary with my wife and as such it ought to be a very special evening. I said I wanted a private dinner ini one of their rooms, with a personal butler, a violinist that would play romantic music, flowers, lots of them, a limousine to pick us up and drop us off anywhere in the city and other little things like that.
He showed a couple of rooms but then wehen I saw the Presidential Suite on the 25th floor…well, what can I say…it WAS the place I wanted. It was sumptuous. I loved it, I thought to myself, we might as well spend the night, and so I got a whole package for it.
It’s going to be an awesome evening/night.

Jeez man, why didn’t you say? I could have saved you a bit of cash as I’m a whiz on the kazoo and pretty good on the spoons.

Jeez man, why didn’t you say? I could have saved you a bit of cash as I’m a whiz on the kazoo and pretty good on the spoons.[/quote]
I don’t know if you’re kidding, but I actually thought of posting here to find someone to play for 15~20 minutes at our dinner. :sunglasses: Maybe next time. I will keep you in mind though! :laughing: Thanks

Jeez man, why didn’t you say? I could have saved you a bit of cash as I’m a whiz on the kazoo and pretty good on the spoons.[/quote]
I don’t know if you’re kidding, but I actually thought of posting here to find someone to play for 15~20 minutes at our dinner. :sunglasses: Maybe next time. I will keep you in mind though! :laughing: Thanks[/quote]
Um, if you’re hoping for what I’m thinking you’re hoping about as regards the latter stages of this evening, trust me, I’m the LAST person you want to be serenading you – after all, the only tune I know how to play on the spoons is Wagner’s “March of the Valkyrie” – it’s not exactly Barry White. :laughing:

Um, igorveni…is Sean going to have a little sibling soon? Hee…

Ohh…I long for a little baby girl, don’t get me started with that!!!.. :sunglasses:

Don’t worry, I had you just for the dinner part! :slight_smile:

Any idea how much dinner would set you back at the Marco Polo restuarant? Can’t seem to find a price list on the website.

Do I need a tie? Smart casual to me means trousers, shoes and a shirt.

Cheers.

L.

[quote=“Limey”]Any idea how much dinner would set you back at the Marco Polo restuarant? Can’t seem to find a price list on the website.

Do I need a tie? Smart casual to me means trousers, shoes and a shirt.

Cheers.

L.[/quote]

You don’t need a tie to eat in the Marco Polo. Shoes not sneakers and a general tidy appearance helps. I haven’t eaten there since Claudio left and Fabian became the new chef, so I can’t attest to his cooking. I know he can drink though as his frequent visits here have more than amply demonstrated. To have a nice meal for two with agood bottle or two, I would take about 10k. The last time I ate there, it set me back NT$21,000 for two but I was on a mission and threw in a bottle of Chateau Margaux. Mission was a huge success.

Phone them up first and ask for the nice table in the corner with all the views.

Best Regards,

Bob

Thanks for buying the Margaux that night Bob. I loved it, but what kind of mission are you referring to?

Frederick P. Smith V.

Cheers your bobness. That’ll cheer the lady up!

Thanks for buying the Margaux that night Bob. I loved it, but what kind of mission are you referring to?

Frederick P. Smith V.[/quote]

Well, if you don’t know, I’m not going to spoil Bob’s secret. He has been talking about it ever since. No wonder you have been absent…

missed you

that whole crazy dinner in the presidential suite thing must cost an arm and a bloody leg… what are we talking here… 100,000NT… i cant even imagine its that much out of my league!!