Romantic Getaways

The wedding anniversary is fast approaching, and I’m thinking a night away with the wife would be nice. (We’ll leave the baby and the dog with the sitter!)

Any recommendations for a nice, quiet hotel? Something hot-springy, big tub, maybe a view, breakfast - you know what I mean. And it has to be within an hour or so of Taipei.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions! :notworthy:

tienlai.com.tw/en/about.php

on the other side of YMS close to the Ocean in Jinshan.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]http://www.tienlai.com.tw/en/about.php

on the other side of YMS close to the Ocean in Jinshan.[/quote]
Hmm. It appears that the pools are public, which means that frolicking and cavorting would probably not be appropriate. :stuck_out_tongue: I think we’re going to need something a little more ~ahem~ intimate.

Here you go. On the northeast coast, just north of Toucheng. Ocean view, hot springs, park, great food, stone lion museum. Scroll down thread.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=60156&p=810613&hilit=leo+resort#p810613

I second MM’s recommendation. It should fit the bill quite perfectly.

I’m free on Thursday afternoons.

I’m thinking they need a room with a private spa. Does the Lion place have that? Didn’t when I was there, but that was eons ago.

Stayed at a couple of good Wu Lai hot springs/hotel rooms with a tub and some of the best scenery on the island.

Also attended a friend’s wedding - which got completely re-staged due to a very strong typhoon - on the north east side of Yangmingshan. Will track the name tomorrow.

HG

went here last month,was clean, not particularly pricey.

If it’s more than a week away, you can buy a voucher for NT$2,188 which includes dinner, room, and breakfast. That’s for Sundays to Thursdays. Fri and Sat you have to add another NT$1,000.

Otherwise the weekday price for the room was NT$2,800 I think.

The dinner and breakfast was really nothing special. Room type was the “European style” Tang Bu Yuan Suite. 歐式湯布苑套房

Had a nice view of the river and the tub was quite spacious. There’s also wireless internet and 300 movies for free, on demand. About half of the movies are um. Adult movies though.

I’m definitely visiting again when I can find the time!

Hotel Name: Tang Bu Yuan 湯布苑溫泉館
Add: No. 85 Wenchuan St. Wulai Village, Wulai Township, Taipei County
台北縣烏來鄉烏來村溫泉街85號
Tel:(02)26618001
Fax:(02)26618011

Hotel website:
cloudspring.com.tw/tang-bu-yuan.htm

Voucher ordering website:
store.pchome.com.tw/rock/M02987746.htm

jp-spring.com.tw/php/

I would describe this place as being a good hour away from Taipei, however it’s rather secluded, and the view from the rooms are superb, looking out over a small valley with a river running through the middle of the valley.

The tubs are fairly big, and the restaurant serves some semi-decent faux western food. Bring your own wine.

They usually have some packages, which brings the price for a double room with dinner and brekfast down to a bit above NT$4k on weekends.

[quote=“lupillus”]went here last month,was clean, not particularly pricey.

If it’s more than a week away, you can buy a voucher for NT$2,188 which includes dinner, room, and breakfast. That’s for Sundays to Thursdays. Fri and Sat you have to add another NT$1,000.

Otherwise the weekday price for the room was NT$2,800 I think.

The dinner and breakfast was really nothing special. Room type was the “European style” Tang Bu Yuan Suite. 歐式湯布苑套房

Had a nice view of the river and the tub was quite spacious. There’s also wireless internet and 300 movies for free, on demand. About half of the movies are um. Adult movies though.

I’m definitely visiting again when I can find the time!

Hotel Name: Tang Bu Yuan 湯布苑溫泉館
Add: No. 85 Wenchuan St. Wulai Village, Wulai Township, Taipei County
台北縣烏來鄉烏來村溫泉街85號
Tel:(02)26618001
Fax:(02)26618011

Hotel website:
cloudspring.com.tw/tang-bu-yuan.htm

Voucher ordering website:
store.pchome.com.tw/rock/M02987746.htm[/quote]

looks nice, love the view from the hottub

No disrespect to the previous posters but this is a wife’s anniversary not a girlfriend’s. She wants/deserves the big stuff.

Well, one would be Villa 32. Although I haven’t stayed there the food is exceptional.

Afternoon at the spa, eat a great, no make that a fantastic meal, have dessert in one of the romantic outside gazebos, stumble to your room for the hot spring.

The price is not cheap but it is your answer and V deserves it after marrying you.

Now you have to name your second child after me. :laughing:

And you have to un-ban fred who introduced us to this place.

Although the second is optional. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yes, indeed it does - and with plenty of space for both the big guy and V, as well as one of the hotel receptionists or waitresses if they want to spice things up.

Ooooh! That changes things. Would be very nice with the ocean breeze, mind you elektronisk’s looks extremely good too, it’s just that, well you’d be left constantly wondering which bed Fred slept in (shudder!), and this could put you off your game.

Here’s that place I mentioned on the back of Yangmingshan. No Engrishee at the website, but plenty of pics.

台北縣金山鄉重和村林口33-3號 Tel : 02-24080001 Fax : 02-24080066
http://www.calla.com.tw/ e-mail:calla.mail@msa.hinet.net

HG

Why is the water level in that pool so low?

And why are the chairs on the deck strewn about?

Vigorous coital activity empties my bath too.

HG

For hot spring hotels, I like this one: springresort.com.tw/news.php

You needn’t worry about frolicking: Both this one and Tien Lai have baths in the room that can accomodate your needs. :howyoudoin:

Congrats to you and Mrs. Mao!