Romantic Relationship Deal Breakers

I notice this cute girl at the park sometimes with her 2 dogs. She seems lovely, but her dogs are obnoxious and constantly yap and run around making trouble with other dogs. She has two of those fluffy copper-colored little dogs with the poodle-like fur. I don’t know the name of the breed, but I’ve noticed a lot of them around Taipei lately. I’ve entertained the idea of trying to flirt with her a bit, but her dogs make me want to use one of them to kick a soccer goal. I realized I could never pretend to like her dogs for the sake of getting with her, no matter how appealing she is. It seems petty, but her dogs are definitely a romance deal breaker. What sort of peeve would keep you from dating a hot chick? Or maybe a better question, what are you willing to tolerate for the sake of getting with one?

Romance deal breakers, no matter how hot she is:

1. If she lives at home it’s a non starter

2. If she baby talks even once on the first few dates, GONE

3. Bad table manners, I can’t deal with that

4. If her favorite TV shows are Korean Drama’s, OUT

5. Yeah i’m with you on the annoying dogs thing, that just won’t work. Especially if she’s the type that has a baby stroller for her dogs :astonished:

The dog thing goes way back. Just ask Plutarch.

“Caesar once, seeing some wealthy strangers at Rome, carrying up and down with them in their arms and bosoms young puppy-dogs and monkeys, embracing and making much of them, took occasion not unnaturally to ask whether the women in their country were not used to bear children; by that prince-like reprimand gravely reflecting upon persons who spend and lavish upon brute beasts that affection and kindness which nature has implanted in us to be bestowed on those of our own kind.”

[quote=“BrentGolf”]Romance deal breakers, no matter how hot she is:

1. If she lives at home it’s a non starter

2. If she baby talks even once on the first few dates, GONE

3. Bad table manners, I can’t deal with that

4. If her favorite TV shows are Korean Drama’s, OUT

5. Yeah I’m with you on the annoying dogs thing, that just won’t work. Especially if she’s the type that has a baby stroller for her dogs :astonished:[/quote]

So in other words you’re interested in 1% of the eligible female population here :laughing:

Ahh, I believe those are referred to as poodles.

None of these little things are a challenge to tommy :slight_smile:

1.-I know we just met but I can feel loving you already!
2.-My mom this, my mom that, my mom said…
3.-I think you should cut on your beer drinking
4.-The voices say you have an attractive neck…

[quote=“Pein_11”]1.-I know we just met but I can feel loving you already!
4.-The voices say you have an attractive neck…[/quote]

awww, all those are just her saying she digs ya man ! :slight_smile: TW girls speak indirectly.

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“Pein_11”]1.-I know we just met but I can feel loving you already!

awww, all those are just her saying she digs ya man ! :slight_smile: TW girls speak indirectly.[/quote]

ROFL, i was generalizing… overly attached girls… but now that you mention that it does resemble a familiar pattern huh?

She: My mom says… :slight_smile:
Me: Don’t give a fnck. :hand:
She: If you want to go eat sushi… :s
Me: I love sushi! :discodance:

[quote=“Pein_11”][quote=“tommy525”][quote=“Pein_11”]1.-I know we just met but I can feel loving you already!

awww, all those are just her saying she digs ya man ! :slight_smile: TW girls speak indirectly.[/quote]

ROFL, i was generalizing… overly attached girls… but now that you mention that it does resemble a familiar pattern huh?[/quote]

Yeah often when a TW girl starts to speak about her mom to you, that means she feels very comfortable with you and feels very attached to you. Shes thinking of you as a potential mate and will meet her family one day so she starts off with the mom. The dads are usually harder to win over for her, but moms are easier for a TW girl to confide she has an attraction to someone to.

Shes also trying to feel you out regarding her, because the things she says her mom is like, is what SHE is like or going to BE LIKE. Shes gauging your reaction and seeing if there will be issues down the line.

MOM talk is Serious talk

My list is so exhaustive that I’m constantly single, but here are a few:

1. Constantly talks about what a crazy witch the ex wife/girlfriend was.
  2. Begs. Ever. For anything.
  3. Takes “selfies.” 3.5 Takes selfies in a bathroom. 4. Takes selfies in a messy bathroom.
  4. No job.

Those are the first five that come to mind.

Is this some sort of code for masturbation?

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“Pein_11”][quote=“tommy525”][quote=“Pein_11”]1.-I know we just met but I can feel loving you already!

ROFL, I was generalizing… overly attached girls… but now that you mention that it does resemble a familiar pattern huh?[/quote]

Yeah often when a TW girl starts to speak about her mom to you, that means she feels very comfortable with you and feels very attached to you. Shes thinking of you as a potential mate and will meet her family one day so she starts off with the mom. The dads are usually harder to win over for her, but moms are easier for a TW girl to confide she has an attraction to someone to.

Shes also trying to feel you out regarding her, because the things she says her mom is like, is what SHE is like or going to BE LIKE. Shes gauging your reaction and seeing if there will be issues down the line.

MOM talk is Serious talk[/quote]

Yeah, actually that is true for many cultures, not only Taiwanese, but yeah… i had the topic brought up by Taiwanese girls, trying to prime me up and whatever and I was completely oblivious to it, til a friend of mine gave me the linedown, i was like “…ouh”.
What I actually meant in the beginning though is girls who are not independent at all you know? Depending on their mothers for decisions, money, course of action, and every single aspect of their life.

It is real hard to divorce a TW girl from her family , just bear that in mind.

They dont marry into your family only now, they are still part of their OWN families in many cases.

Ahhh… many I guess, but what to choose…

1. Smells - I know it’s physiological thing and all, some people smell more than others, but… just they need to try to do sth about that, sorry
  2. Know-it-all, about everything… and lectures you, taking the 90% of all discussion time
  3. Can’t decide about anything, in Taiwan, it would be about food especially… I don’t know why it’s so hard to pick a place for dinner here…
  4. Tries to drag my arm while crossing the street… I see lots of guys dragging their girlfriends, as if they’re 3 years toddlers…
  5. More make up than me - I have a male, non-gay friend, asking me to teach him how to pluck his eyebrows (which I can’t do myself), then he went to learn it in class. Recently he shared on FB his fav brand of eyelid tape (?).

All I can think about know, but maybe because I have a bf now, and more things that “I can stand” comes to my mind

Is this some sort of code for masturbation?[/quote]
Haha! You made me LOL. If masturbation was a deal breaker then I guess I really would be single forEVER. A “selfy” is a photo you take of yourself with you phone while standing in front of a mirror. I think it looks so very silly.

1. Guys with fingernails longer than mine.

[quote]Can’t decide about anything, in Taiwan, it would be about food especially… I don’t know why it’s so hard to pick a place for dinner here… [/quote] Isn’t it the women who are usually guilty of this one?

I can’t stand a girl that:

1- Does those baby talking even to look cute, even in some movies there are those moron types (Kate Hudson)
2- Needs to have more than 3 kinds of shampoos, conditioners, creams and other products piled at home (the spendthrift type)
3- Helps the salesmen/saleswomen by pushing me to buy stuffs that I don’t need (the materialist type)
4- Needs to look at the mirror every couple of minutes, to retouch some makeup or minimal flaws, some even reapply the mascara, lipstick when they stop at the red light (the fussy type)
5- Wears high heels to go mountain climbing or to some events that requires sensible shoes (the high-maintenance type)
6- Talk loudly, giggle too much, throw tantrums (the drama queen type)
7- Needs to invite all her friends or relatives to any function, can’t decide anything before consulting them (the dependent type)
8- Loves to compete with other women just about every petty thing, “am I fatter than X”, “Is my thigh prettier than hers”, “am I skinnier than X”, (superwoman type)
9- Wants me to prove that I am “Da Man” by paying for everything that she likes otherwise I don’t get her, don’t value her, don’t love her (the insecure type)

and there are more …

Actually, I found guys are guilty of this too… it’s like they’re choosing their last meal… and it’s always me to throw the ideas at them, so they kill them one by one…