Ron DeSantis

Well, you trust he can’t make the connection between fighting covid measures for popularity, and it getting much worse. So there you go. :cookie:

I trust he can. :brain:

I’m not following the details here as closely as you are, so I’ll bow out for now. I was just looking for clarity on your post. Enjoy your cookie :yum:

Lots of confusion, clearly. Ok, I’ll give you a summary. Rona wants to punish schools with covid mask mandates. Not say he thinks it’s optional, but actively threaten funding for schools that say students need masks.

I said, well obviously this guy Devirus is wanting covid to succeed then.

And you, @TT need clarity about how serious I’m being with that statement. It’s ok.

It’s like, if a guy makes a hole in a dam, and water comes through, and I say he wants to flood the village, and you say “Are you being sarcastic? Clearly he thinks it will make for a popular instagram photo!”

An interesting phenomena that is worth noting, is certain posters have a tendency to tell you what you think and what you believe sometimes despite the fact you have said the opposite on multiple occasions and have a history of demonstrating the very opposite of what they claim you think and believe.

1 Like

Hey, if you think DeSantis is smart enough to know that actively punishing covid prevention measures leads to more covid, and therefore him doing so is him asking for more covid, we agree again!

You talking to me? Mine was the last post so I assume so. I don’t claim to know what Ron DeSantis is thinking. You are the one that always claims to know what others think not me.

I chimed in to say I don’t think he is going to be able to maintain his hands off approach, I did that because I think the data shows much greater expenditure on unvaccinated when compared to vaccinated.

Point 2 is it is clear his program is a thorn in the official narrative so the media will hammer him from every direction.

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel, clearly they have upped the rhetoric against him. @Poundsand seems to be of the opinion his past behaviour is going to be determinative of his future behavior, I am more of the opinion he will crack and bend under the pressure.

Yep. So do you think DeSantis is capable of making the connection that fighting covid measures will cause more covid?

It seems like a really basic level connection to make, no?

Maybe you don’t want to speculate, I get it.

I personally think he can make the connection. @TT seems to not be so cynical, he thinks it’s not so obvious. Which is why he’s wondering if I’m serious, I suppose.

But let’s agree on some common ground. Someone who actively fights covid measures, either:

a) knows it will cause more covid, and therefore wants more covid
b) is an idiot

Right? I’m not seeing any other way out for Deathsantis.

Yes, he clearly wants more covid:*

*yes, this is sarcasm

That’s an interesting defense, except for the part where he talks out of both sides of his mouth. Something to be aware of with politicians:

He’s actually learned well from Trump, who likes the game of planting small nuggets he can refer back to later, even if 95% of his time is spent advocating for the opposite. :brain:

well, at least here we can agree! i hope -but doubt- you can consider the implications of what this means before you post about his intentions

again, here we can agree

i don’t mean to defend him, just pointing out that you don’t seem to have thought things through very far. think of it as a free lesson in critical thinking.

It’s hard to get into without discussing the effectiveness of wearing a mask or the slippery slope that mandates and passports create.

I chimed in on the thread about mandated vaccines and passports that they are being introduced, that is fact in certain places around the world.

Again, I can’t get into the mask and mandated vaccine discussion without going into details, personally I’m ok with masks, it seems common sense they have some positive affect on reducing spread. I doubt DeSantis wants to see more infection nor from what I see is he an idiot.

:bowing:

1 Like

Well, if you agree he’s learned from the Trump 5% nugget play, that isn’t reflected in your search for nuggets, is it now?

i’m not looking for nuggets to support what i already believe vis-a-vis RDS, any more than i’m crystal-balling unlikely motivations. i think he’s a shrewd politician who has seen trump’s success and is riding that wave

1 Like

looking forward to your potential thesis for option C then.

I guess we can parse all day. I’ll put one more example down.

A guy sells a knife to someone who says he’s going to hurt someone.

That guy
a) is an idiot who can’t make the connection
b) can make the connection but stands to benefit from the sale

Is there a c for you?

I don’t see the escape hatch, sorry, carry on.

Right, you don’t have to like someone to notice they are smart. I’ve always disliked Ted Cruz, thought his bible clinging routine was phony and seems smarmy. But doesn’t mean I don’t think he is bright.

Haven’t seen enough of DeSantis but think he would be wise to push masking harder than he is, they will hammer that one and it is hard to defend.

me, or @mick? because you’re quoting him and responding to me. you really have to work on the clarity of your posting there mupsy

c) is selling to the military in a justifiable defence of his nation

see? it ain’t that hard to think of other things if you slow down for a second and use the old :brain:

it’s really hard to like people when you find them to be close-minded and unwilling to learn and grow, though

agreed

1 Like

Great work, now translate it into what Desantis is doing. :sweat_smile:

it was your example, don’t ask me to do your leg work