Ron Paul suffers from a medical emergency on livestream

Looks like a stroke. But it seems he’s alright.

Yeah. Saw video of the onset of whatever happened, as the words coming out were just mumble/jumble. Feels awkward just watching it.
He’s 85 years old. Already into many extra innings. 加油

He’s lucky. That was literally the best time to have a stroke, as everyone is aware and ready to help him get medical attention pronto.

My Uncle had a stroke alone at his home and wasn’t discovered for 6 hours. By then the damage was irreversible and he had lost control of half his body.

Yeah. It’s incredibly important to get people help right away.

My grandpa had a stroke visiting us. He tried to ignore it for a few hours before we realized what happened. Doctors told him the damage was done and he wouldn’t be able to move half his body. He refused to accept it and eventually became almost back to normal. I would say maybe 90-95% back. Which was pretty incredible.

He had a second stroke years later. Doctors again told him he wouldn’t be able to walk on his own again and need constant care since that’s the reality for most people with the 2nd stroke. He again refused and eventually got back to almost normal again. He could walk and move on his own without any real issues.

He then had a 3rd stroke. Again they told him no way he can walk again on his own. He again refused and he is able to walk on his own with a cane. Much slower and definitely not close to back to normal. But he he able to still get around on his own with very minimal care.

The mind is a powerful thing. Hope Dr. Paul is alright. He was probably the first person that got me into politics and libertarian ideas.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of his politics, but also hope he’s okay.

My Uncle wasn’t as lucky as your Grandpa. He got some control and feeling back and then had another even more catastrophic stroke in the hospital. That one destroyed him and he could barely even talk after that. He was like that for a few years, bedridden in a nursing home bed, and mercifully passed last year. You know it’s bad when you feel relieved the person you love has died.