Rooting Android from ICS to GB?

I have a Sony Xperia Arc S and the ICS platform is slowing the phone down way to much.

How do I root it back to GB? And do i lose all my apps and saved files?

Tech idiot needs help please!

Ta in advance!

PS. I don’t mind losing the warranty on the phone. I’m going to get a Galaxy S3 in the first quarter of next year…

Check our the infos on how to root youe phone on the xda developers forum. Once you have rooted it you can backup your data, remove all the unwanted apps (both with Titanium Backup) and install a custom rom based on GB (or a ICS one optimized for older, less powerful phones).

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I had a guy who rooted my Galaxy S2 in Danshui, but his shop went out of business. However, he only rooted to 2.3.5. Now I want to root my s2 and Tab 8.9 to Cyanogen mod JB. I tried to follow xda threads on this but ended up with yellow triangle and couldnt get rid of it. I had to find someone to rescue my phone.

I want to find someone who can show me how to do it. I was able to flash a CWM kernel, but the triangle stopped me from going further without a USB dongle, which I dont have. Now, I am anxious about trying myself.

One issue I have is the triangle, and another I have is that the guides I read speak of ODIN using .tar files, and every link I saw provided .zip files. Unless the files I use are the exact same files that guides tell me to use, I wont risk it. Can anyone tell me who can help me do this whether by showing me or by paid service?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

Downgrading from ICS to GB is usually impossible unless it is a phone that did come with GB during its initial release and was later upgraded to ICS. Examples of this include Samsung Galaxy series phones such as the S2, R, Note, etc. This is before there may not be supported hardware API’s written for older versions of the OS. It is akin to you trying to downgrade a laptop running Windows 7 to Windows 2000.

If you feel like the OS is getting bogged down by bloatware, I suggest flashing the phone and installing custom ROM’s such as Cyanogenmod.

[quote=“catfish13”]Downgrading from ICS to GB is usually impossible unless it is a phone that did come with GB during its initial release and was later upgraded to ICS. Examples of this include Samsung Galaxy series phones such as the S2, R, Note, etc. This is before there may not be supported hardware API’s written for older versions of the OS. It is akin to you trying to downgrade a laptop running Windows 7 to Windows 2000.

If you feel like the OS is getting bogged down by bloatware, I suggest flashing the phone and installing custom ROM’s such as Cyanogenmod.[/quote]

I want to find someone who can flash Cyanogen for me, for a fee of course. I also want to buy a USB jig before I install any custom ROMS myself. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. Every time I follow a guid on XDA, I end up stuck with yellow triangles and have to pay to get unstuck.