Royal Nazis?

Heh. Someone’s been keeping up with the Che thread… :wink:

Once more its hard to tell which end of Vannyel is which. You dumb schmuck, the inbred stupid fuckwit is not being censured for being a Nazi, it’s being censured for insulting the memories of those who suffered under the Nazis and of those who gave their lives fighting against the Nazis.
Did that post of yours come from your arse or your mouth. I swear, it’s getting harder and harder to tell.

wasn’t James Hewitt his dad tho?

It is not a true Afrika Corps uniform. That big red armband he is wearing was usually only worn by party officials. He is not just wearing the uniform of a combat unit but rather wearing the insignia of the German Nazi Party.

Once more its hard to tell which end of Vannyel is which. You dumb schmuck, the inbred stupid fuckwit is not being censured for being a Nazi, it’s being censured for insulting the memories of those who suffered under the Nazis and of those who gave their lives fighting against the Nazis.
Did that post of yours come from your arse or your mouth. I swear, it’s getting harder and harder to tell.[/quote]
No he’s being censured by some politican for purely political motives who wouldn’t know a nazi if he got hit up side the head with one. And everyone is jumping on the bandwagon because it’s the PC thing to do.
So from my arse or my mouth – either one, I refuse to revisit the discussions concerning the powerlessness of symbols, the oversensitivity of individuals on behalf of some slighted group, or the making a mountain out of a molehill.
A costume party is a costume party - if he went as a Zulu chief he would be insulting Africans everywhere, if he went a British soldier it would be insulting the millions of natives around the world that suffered under the British empire, if he went as a native american then he would be insulting them, of course he could have went as mary poppins but that have would been insulting to drag queens…

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Vannyel”]Glad he didn’t decide to dress up like Harry Potter then we’d know for a fact he was a witch (warlock), flies around on a broom in his spare time, and plays Quidditch with his buds at Stonehedge every chance he gets.[/quote]The inbred stupid fuckwit is not being censured for being a Nazi, it’s being censured for insulting the memories of those who suffered under the Nazis and of those who gave their lives fighting against the Nazis.
[/quote]

For once, I agree with sandman. Well said, sir.

For all the stupid Hitler advert sightings here in Taiwan, which always get global media attention by AP and Reuters, in addition to the local scooter people who wear Hitler decal helmets as a ‘‘fashion’’ statement… for Harry to go to a costume party in this get-up (and William, it now appears, was with Harry when he seleceted the Nazi outfit for the party!), well, it’s the end of the British Empire, that’s for sure.

You think Nazi symbols are powerless. Good for you. You are totally wrong, though. They were and continue to be extremely powerful to a great many people.
Interesting, too, that you’d describe the 6 million victims of the Holocaust as “some slighted group.”
Interesting, also, that you’d describe death camp survivors and survivors of the Normany landings as “oversensitive individuals.”

[quote=“Vannyel”]No he’s being censured by some politican for purely political motives who wouldn’t know a nazi if he got hit up side the head with one.[/quote]That would be Michael Howard whose Jewish parents fled Romania in the 1930s to escape Nazi persecution ? I think he knows what Nazis are.
Are you trying to be offensive on purpose ?

It’s interesting how this thing is spinning out. Now Fergie is being quoted as saying she is proud of Harry and even Prince Charles is saying enough is enough already, leave my kid alone.

It is just totally mindbogggggggggggling how in this day and age, in a civilized Western nation like Britain, that a member of the royal family could have done such an unthinking thing.

Sure, kids are kids, and 20 year olds are 20 year olds, drinkiong and driving, sure, toking on the odd pipe, sure, knocking up your best friend’s girl, sure, but, choosing a Nazi symbol to wear at a party, even if a private one, how terribly pathetic.

All that education, all that royal blood, all that Diana heartlight, and look where the lad lands!

The damage is already done. It’s the spin that gonna decide this one. Good luck, Harry.

Imagine the children of Bush or Kerry doing such a dumb thing, or the kids of Chirac or the president of Germany or Sweden or Italy. Never.
Hong Kong and Taipei and Japan, well, these things have happened, and we expect Asians to know little about Hitler and the Nazi period.

But for an educated fuckshit in the West, how could this have come to pass? It’s almost comical, if it were not so pathetic.

Get rid of the monarchy right now! Game over!

QUOTE: “Prince Harry is the epitome of the red headed step child of the British royal family. Where his brother seems to be a well adjusted young man, Harry is just a typical street thug who has the red hair of his mother’s former lover and pride in the uniform of appeaser Neville Chamberlain.”

QUOTE 2: “Harry is not a bright chap. You have to be seriously academically challenged to come away from Eton with one A-level. That lack of intelligence is manifesting itself in the decisions he is making now.”

It’s all just a load of bollocks. Who gives a shit?

I mean really.

Who gives a monkey’s?

CHEWYCORN chewed out, “that “republican” wing (wanting to abolish the monarchy) etc…”
The royal fam’ly is doing enough to undermine itself, again and again. Surely, they don’t need no republican activist?

LANE119 said, “it is just totally mindbogggggggggggling how in this day and age, in a civilized Western nation like Britain, that a member of the royal family could have done such an unthinking thing.”
Well, isn’t it simply mindbogggggggggggling that in a civilised nation there should be a royal fam’ly at all?

I say, set them free. This is simple torture. These people are victims. The Brits keep breeding them because it’s good for tourism and they do provide regular entertainment in a dismal environment. But these people are dysfunctional, suicidal and hysterical. Shoot them or let them go! It will all end in tears!

VANNYEL uttered, “everyone is jumping on the bandwagon because it’s the PC thing to do”
Well, forget about insulting the feelings of British servicemen and Jews, the point about Nazism is we don’t want a repeat. However difficult it is to imagine how that could ever happen again, a visit to Auschwitz should be a requisite for all politicians and why just Harry, since there’s one, send the royal fam’ly and send the whole bunch of advisors and communication people.

LANE119 said also, “Imagine the children of Bush or Kerry doing such a dumb thing, or the kids of Chirac or the president of Germany or Sweden or Italy. Never.”
Gosh, of course not! But we have Le Pen in the ass who just said that the Nazi occupation of France was “not particularly inhumane”.

EB

sad to say, i agree with broon on this one. i can understand a monarch in, say, afghanistan(where a symbolic leader is a good vehicle to overcome tribal loyalties), but what’s the point of modern democracies like britain or sweden maintaining a hereditary monarchy?

You think Nazi symbols are powerless. Good for you. You are totally wrong, though. They were and continue to be extremely powerful to a great many people.
Interesting, too, that you’d describe the 6 million victims of the Holocaust as “some slighted group.”
Interesting, also, that you’d describe death camp survivors and survivors of the Normany landings as “oversensitive individuals.”[/quote]

Sandman is absolutely right. Vannyel has displayed an astonishing amount of ignorance and stupidity.

BroonAfrikaKorps

:astonished: :notworthy:

Having visited Auschwitz (twice) as well as Bergen-Belsen, Dachau, Neuengamme, Treblinka and Theresienstadt in order to try and grasp something of the magnitude and horror but mostly the mindset of those who carried out the wholesale industrial slaughter of Jews (and others, let us not forget) and failed at even extending my imagination an inch and also having had family members shipped off to transit camps never to be seen again, I, as a Brit, am deeply offended by what Prince Fuckhead did to insult the memories of those that died at the hands of the Nazis and those that died fighting them.

To trivialise Nazi symbolism and discard the victims in such a way as Vannyel has done puts him in the same league as Harry and all the other latent fascists, bigots and inbreds in the English upper classes.

Perhaps, Comrade Stalin, you might like to change your name too. try Adolf Hitler. Interesting to see if that is acceptable on this site.

Bring on the Republic.

BroonAbolishionist

[quote=“Dangermouse”]It’s all just a load of bollocks. Who gives a shit?

I mean really.

Who gives a monkey’s?[/quote]

DM, you just gotta give a shit.

[quote=“lane119”][quote=“Dangermouse”]It’s all just a load of bollocks. Who gives a shit?

I mean really.

Who gives a monkey’s?[/quote]

DM, you just gotta give a shit.[/quote]

Agree. Giving a shit about any associations or glorification of anything to with genocide IS important to every single one of us. If no-one gave a shit then why bother having a planet to live on?

BroonAuschwitz

Subconsciously at least little harry understands that the monarchy is a symbol of undeserved privelage and is doing his best to destroy the institution. He is my hero.

I wouldn’t want to accuse the royals of being out of touch…

BTW what are those swastikas I see on the MRT maps,
that say “temple”… I thought the nazis all hid in Argentina…

Whether you agree with the Royal family or not, the fact is that Harry is just a kid.
He didn’t choose to be born into the family and he probably wishes he hadn’t.
All other adolescent youths are allowed to go round and do what they want:
Get into fights, drink, smoke, get done by the cops, hang around street corners - except smoke, I did all of those things.
Unfortunately for Harry he never will have a “true” experience of being a teenager. Probably the most important time in his life - experimenting and being a knob has been removed from him by default.

I think he was an utter prick. He was wrong to do it and he should have known better, but I think that at heart he is - and should be just another youngster.

And if you want to talk about offending the people who fought for this country then perhaps a better example of utter contempt would be the fact that this and previous governments are more than willing to sell the UK down the river to some pillocks in Brussels who are the very people we were trying to stop from controlling our green and pleasant land in the first place.

I bet most of the soldiers that died are turning in their graves at the thought of an EU constitution - it’s almost exactly the kind of blanket control they were fighting against in the first place.

Harry -yeah you’re a bit of donkey.

Let’s move on and talk about something a little more important like curtain rails or orange peel.

Nobody wants to admit that Hitler was cool…?

Come on, we all understand why Harry would be fascinated by Nazi paraphenalia, and not just do the socially acceptable thing and show up in blackface and a leopard skin or something. The strange thing is that nobody’s hired the boy a PR person who he could run things like this by.

The British royalty are like American celebrities. This affair is the British equivalent of Whitney showing her tits, or Britney hanging the bloody sheet out the window during her wedding night–some mindless bullshit to take our minds off the war.