Rude sales associates

My encounter with the sales girls was to me amusing and gives me a funny story to tell. Once I’d been there for a few minutes the staff at the store were quite nice. In fact, contrary to the topic of this thread I actually find the service here in Taiwan quite good.

[quote=“heimuoshu”][quote=“mups”]It’s easy to deal with them…if they’re riding your ass after you indicate you want to look around, ignore them. If they start talking to you suggesting things, ignore them. If they start to show you something, ignore them. Enter the Bubble Zone.

Obnoxious people deserve to be ignored, so don’t feel bad for doing it.[/quote]
I totally disagree.
Why ignore them if you can say something snark, sarcastic or snotty to them?
You must be non-confrontational person from the 53rd state of the US.[/quote]

You kinda boxed me into a corner here…

In your case obnoxious people deserve to have to listen to you, for you are gifted.

other Gman: overall I also find the service quite good here…usually not annoying, and unlike other countries which shall remain unnamed, you can actually get service. But we all know places like the OP is talking about…if you turn around quickly enough you can give the lemming following you a bloody nose. Those kinds of stores usually sell shite anyway…their distance to your elbow is typically directly proportional to their desperation.

People are generally laid-back here. There’s the occasional lady who’s showing you crap and follow you around, but if you don’t look at what she’s showing you, she’ll usually quickly leave you alone.

Visit one of the following places:

• India
  • Vietnam
  • Kuta, Bali
  • Hong Kong

and you won’t find them rude and annoying anymore.

Totally ignored in Taiwan … short term thinking, money now!

[quote]Visit one of the following places:

• India
  • Vietnam
  • Kuta, Bali
  • Hong Kong

and you won’t find them rude and annoying anymore.[/quote]

Visit Japan–and you will. :stuck_out_tongue:

Guy

What I personally love (loathe?) is how the supermarkets always have sales ladies very aggressively trying to sell milk. Milk. Do we really need to be sold on it? Is this something we’re not familiar with? And if so, why stop there? Why aren’t there bread sales ladies and rice sales ladies and chicken sales ladies? What’s so goddamn special about milk?

double post

Always return the glare, with pre-emptive interest.

I am afraid of the milk ladies… I always skip that section and then make a special stop on the way home at 7-11 to buy my milk.

Bring in something small to sell back. Just something in your pocket. Every time they hound you, bug them back.

I had a person follow me around a furnature store, as if I was going to pick up a couch and run out.