Rugby: 2010 Six Nations

Hey guys, Superbru is also running a pick the winner comp for the six nations and I’ve set up a Forumosa Rugby Club pool for that also. The pool code for that is:
oraltogo

However, if you’ve already joined the Super 14 Forumosa Rugby Club and wish to join the six nations game, check your e-mail, because I’ve already sent all the members of the Super 14 pool an invite via e-mail.
If you haven’t joined the Super 14 pool and wish to join the Six Nations pool, then just sign up and enter the pool code (oraltogo) and you’re in!

To make things interesting, I’ll be rooting for the garlic eaters! Viva la France!!!

Edit: Make sure to be prompt if you don’t want to miss the first round because it starts this weekend!!
Also, you may get an e-mail to join the Tainan Rugby Club as I accidentally made that pool first, but discard that invite because I destroyed the pool. But do accept the Forumosa Rugby Club invite!

I will be supporting the boyos from the valleys.I’d love to be supporting the surrender monkeys, but I’m waaay too thin-skinned to forgive them for playing some sublime rugby against the ABs in the '99 world cup.I don’t plan to start seething about them dumping us out of the '07 world cup until 2014. On a more positive note,I’m within months of forgiving the '95 Bokke machine for beating the ABs :liar:

Haha, Wandering! I’m above you in the Six Nations log, too! A sign of things to come!

Yeah,yeah.Laugh it up chuckles.
We are trying to organize a game of touch rugby this Sat nite if you are interested in playing,officiating or just mocking me from the cheap seats.Probably meeting at Frankies first for some of the performance enhancing refreshments.Let me know if you are keen.

Yeah,yeah.Laugh it up chuckles.
We are trying to organize a game of touch rugby this Sat night if you are interested in playing,officiating or just mocking me from the cheap seats.Probably meeting at Frankies first for some of the performance enhancing refreshments.Let me know if you are keen.[/quote]
I’d pay good money to see jp running around in knee length socks tossing the old pigskin about. :thumbsup:

[quote=“Wandering”]
We are trying to organize a game of touch rugby this Sat night if you are interested in playing,officiating or just mocking me from the cheap seats.Probably meeting at Frankies first for some of the performance enhancing refreshments.Let me know if you are keen.[/quote]
Hoo hoo! Me running around playing rugby! I wouldn’t last a minute before I had a heart attack/stroke. Mind you, if there are female players I wouldn’t mind a bit of touch rugby.

I think the initial order in the league is determined by who has the most caps in Superbru. Wandering and I have the same amount, but I’m ahead of him because I joined earlier. That, and I’m better-looking.

I concur. I posted this earlier in the Super 14 thread (seems you beat me to it by an hour, but I only saw your post now :raspberry: ):

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“bismarck”]
I believe it’s alphabetical before the “war” starts. :wink:[/quote]
Look, I know you’re a South African Ingrish teacher with no self-esteem and all that, but Elf1nDrak3-Bismarck-Kiki is not quite alphabetical. Perhaps in Serbo-Croat it is. I wish it was alphabetical, then “Wandering” would be at the BOTTOM of the list. :smiley:[/quote]
I’ve figured it out. The order before the competition starts is based on caps.

1. Elf1nDrak3 - 681 Caps (you should see his honors list!)
  2. Bismarck - 217 Caps
  3. Kiki - 102 Caps
  4. jimipresley - 30 Caps
  5. Wandering - 30 Caps
  6. SydneyDave - 30 Caps
  7. Frikkie - 4 Caps
  8. Zhubajie - 0 Caps
  9. Wairau - 0 Caps
  10. Taipeirunner - 0 Caps
  11. Tosserpete - 0 Caps

Where players have the same caps the player that joins first is ahead of the other players of equal caps…

Mystery solved! :bow: [/quote]

Six nations has kicked off, and we have a leader. Well, two. Here’s the table (I’m Wairau :slight_smile: ). Wandering is letting us kiwis down badly at this early stage :wink: :

Pts	BP	Tot

1 Wairau 2.5 1.00 3.50
2 Bismarck 2.5 1.00 3.50
3 jimipresley 2.5 0.00 2.50
4 Frikkie 2.5 0.00 2.50
5 Kiki 2.5 0.00 2.50
6 Elf1nDrak3 2.0 0.00 2.00
7 Wandering 1.5 0.00 1.5

I’ll update this after the scotland/france match tonight

[color=#BF0000]Moderator’s note:[/color] I merged this and the following two posts into this thread to keep Six Nations stuff together. No biggie. Just thought it might make more sense this way.

[quote=“Kea”]Six nations has kicked off, and we have a leader. Well, two. Here’s the table (I’m Wairau :slight_smile: ). Wandering is letting us kiwis down badly at this early stage :wink: :

Pts	BP	Tot

1 Wairau 2.5 1.00 3.50
2 Bismarck 2.5 1.00 3.50
4 Frikkie 2.5 0.00 2.50
5 Kiki 2.5 0.00 2.50
7 Wandering 1.5 0.00 1.5

It’s not too late for other posters to join the Super -14 pool, the link is on page 1 or 2 of this thread. The more the merrier…[/quote]
I’m holding a spot in line for Almas :doh:

[quote=“Wandering”][quote=“Kea”]Six nations has kicked off, and we have a leader. Well, two. Here’s the table (I’m Wairau :slight_smile: ). Wandering is letting us kiwis down badly at this early stage :wink: :

Pts	BP	Tot

1 Wairau 2.5 1.00 3.50
2 Bismarck 2.5 1.00 3.50
4 Frikkie 2.5 0.00 2.50
5 Kiki 2.5 0.00 2.50
7 Wandering 1.5 0.00 1.5

It’s not too late for other posters to join the Super -14 pool, the link is on page 1 or 2 of this thread. The more the merrier…[/quote]
I’m holding a spot in line for Almas :doh:[/quote]
Oh dear. Mr Wandering is assuming his rightful place. :smiley:

Weekend’s wrap-up:
Ireland 29 - 11 Italy

Good game by Italy. Excellent defense or the score line could’ve been much worse for them. The Irish were a little disappointing.

England 30 - 17 Wales

Excellent game. My game of the weekend. Looks much worse for Wales than it really was. But I applaud England for an excellent performance in putting away a very good Welsh side. :bravo:

France 18 - 9 Scotland

Great first half that promised an even better second half. In the end it turned into a bit of a snooze fest with nothing much happening, apart from a penalty each. France were very disappointing, more so than the Irish (going to be a good match between the two of them next weekend!), but the Scots had moments of brilliance that I found promising if they can stitch it all together.

Our Forumosa Rugby Club Pool: Week 1
1 [color=#FFFF00]Wairau (yellow cap) 6.00[/color]
2 [color=#FFFF00]Kiki 6.00[/color]
3 Bismarck 5.50
4 jimipresley 5.00
5 Frikkie 4.50
6 Elf1nDrak3 4.00
7 Wandering 2.50

*Note: I have my wife in yellow, also seeing as she got the exact same score as Wairau. Not sure why she didn’t get a yellow cap…

I was a bit lucky there, hope that luck holds for the next few weeks. With such a short competition, every point is valuable. Good luck for the rest of the punters.

Damn! What a fantastic game! Scotland had the game in the bag with ten minutes to go leading Wales 24 - 14. Then they went and completely lost the plot. They got two yellow cards and Wales struck back with two converted tries and a penalty to win the game 31 - 24.

Absolutely magic game!

[quote=“bismarck”]Damn! What a fantastic game! Scotland had the game in the bag with ten minutes to go leading Wales 24 - 14. Then they went and completely lost the plot. They got two yellow cards and Wales struck back with two converted tries and a penalty to win the game 31 - 24.

Absolutely magic game![/quote]
Jocks really shot themselves in the foot.

[quote=“Wandering”][quote=“bismarck”]Damn! What a fantastic game! Scotland had the game in the bag with ten minutes to go leading Wales 24 - 14. Then they went and completely lost the plot. They got two yellow cards and Wales struck back with two converted tries and a penalty to win the game 31 - 24.

Absolutely magic game![/quote]
Jocks really shot themselves in the foot.[/quote]
That they did, but it was fortunate for me as I picked Wales (as did we all, I think) to win on Superbru…

After two games of Six Nations action in round two my beloved wife (How does she do it???) is top of the log!!

[quote]1 Kiki 9.50
2 Wairau Wairau 8.50
3 jimipresley 7.50
4 Frikkie 6.50
5 Bismarck 6.50
6 Elf1nDrak3 6.50
7 Wandering 4.50[/quote]

[quote=“bismarck”]After two games of Six Nations action in round two my beloved wife (How does she do it???) is top of the log!!

[quote]1 Kiki 9.50
2 Wairau Wairau 8.50
3 jimipresley 7.50
4 Frikkie 6.50
5 Bismarck 6.50
6 Elf1nDrak3 6.50
7 Wandering 4.50[/quote][/quote]
Easy.to.beat.the.kiwi.focus.presley.

I hope the Italians stun England… always nice to see an upset result…

Close, but no cigaro…

So, after two rounds the standings are as follows:

[quote]1 Kiki [color=#FFBF00]Kiki won the yellow cap in this pool in round 2[/color] 11.50
2 Wairau 10.50
3 jimipresley 9.50
4 Frikkie 8.50
5 Bismarck 8.50
6 Elf1nDrak3 7.50
7 Wandering 6.50[/quote]
My wife leading the pack, with Wairau hot on her heels. Damn it that I picked Ireland against France, otherwise I would’ve had two additional points to be an equal second!!! Irish! :wall: