Rugby: 2010 Six Nations

Five minutes in and the Frogs score! France 7 - 0 Wales. Still a long way to go, though.

For those with MOD they should find the French games on TV5 when they play Six Nations… Bismark watches with French commentary as well :liar:

For those with MOD they should find the French games on TV5 when they play Six Nations… Bismark watches with French commentary as well :liar: [/quote]
I’ve got Welsh commentary. Their accent is so thick it may as well be French… :astonished:
Then again, half-time we have Naas who sounds even more Efrikens than usual. :smiley:

Half-time: This has gotta hurt, if you’re Welsh.

I see Elf and myself are the only two that went with the French. What were you guys thinking???

Edit: You can say what you like, but the Welsh (The Comeback Kings!) are good value for money.

Fantastic 2nd half of rugby which I recorded

Yes good old Naas is a good commentator to listen to that Welsh guy was excitable

Naas does speak kinda funny, but he’s an astute student of the game. :thumbsup:

Naas is BAAS!

Translation: Naas is the MAN!

Excellent win by Italy earlier.
Italy 16 - 12 Scotland.

The Irish just got one over the Poms.
Ireland - 20 - 16 England.

The Six Nations 2010 Forumosa Rugby club Superbru standings after round three.

Edit: For once I get to wear the Yellow Cap for the week, and jimipresley is above Wandering in the log.
(Shhh! Don’t mention the Super 14 log!)

France looking good for the Grand Slam now but upsets always possible

Notice the flag next to my name in the log above. :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

Notice the flag next to my name in the log above. :slight_smile: :thumbsup:[/quote]

Before the Six Nations started I called oyu and told you France would win it.

I didnt need a flag to know that :discodance:

Here’s our Forumosa Rugby Club Six Nations log after round four. Congratulations to Wairau for winning the Yellow Cap this week. :bravo:

The weekend’s results:

[quote]France 46 - 20 Italy
Scotland 15 - 15 England
Ireland 27 - 12 Wales[/quote]
Excellent games between France and Italy, and Ireland against Wales. Total English-Scottish borefest, though. Despite my England pick I was hoping the Scots could get a win. Sad how they came so close against England and Wales and failed by a whisker each time…

And the Log going into the final weekend of the competition.

[quote]1 France 8
2 Ireland 6
3 England 5
4 Wales 2
5 Italy 2
6 Scotland 1[/quote]
I fully expect the Frogs to punish the Poms next week to take the Grandslam and the title. Hope the Scots can finally get a win, but it’s not likely against Ireland.

thanks Bismark, and congratulations to Kiki for having the same number of points this week as me (despite not getting the yellow hat)-and well done to you, it’s hard to beat your consistency.

Haha, here you can see that the Drak3 is human after all. :stuck_out_tongue:
I have never done any good in the 6 nations.

Congrats to Mr. B and Kiki! You’re making us all look bad. :bravo:

[quote=“Elf1nDrak3”]Haha, here you can see that the Drak3 is human after all. :stuck_out_tongue:
I have never done any good in the 6 nations.

Congrats to Mr. B and Kiki! You’re making us all look bad. :bravo:[/quote]
Yeah, I wondered about that. What’s up with your Six Nations predictions?

You can check my honors list. I’ve never done any good in the 6 nations tournaments.
I guess (for me) it’s somewhat tricky to predict the outcome of our friends in the northern hemisphere’s rugby games.
I get most of the wins right, but my scores are almost always way off. haha. :blush:

However I can see that you and your wife have no problem whatsoever getting it right. Hats off mate :wink:

You can check my honors list. I’ve never done any good in the 6 nations tournaments.
I guess (for me) it’s somewhat tricky to predict the outcome of our friends in the northern hemisphere’s rugby games.
I get most of the wins right, but my scores are almost always way off. haha. :blush:

However I can see that you and your wife have no problem whatsoever getting it right. Hats off mate :wink:[/quote]
It’s mostly just guessing, innit? Had a nervous moment in the Wales vs Scotland game. I wanted Scotland to win, but I had picked Wales…

No way to know how a game will turn out. Take this weekend’s Cheetahs vs Stormers game. The “educated” money will be on the Stormers by 12+ points, but the Cheetahs are more than capable in upsetting the apple cart and coming away with a ten point (or more!) win…

Let’s hope Wandering backs the Cheetahs. :wink:

However I can see that you and your wife have no problem whatsoever getting it right. Hats off mate :wink:[/quote]
It’s mostly just guessing, innit? Had a nervous moment in the Wales vs Scotland game. I wanted Scotland to win, but I had picked Wales…

No way to know how a game will turn out. Take this weekend’s Cheetahs vs Stormers game. The “educated” money will be on the Stormers by 12+ points, but the Cheetahs are more than capable in upsetting the apple cart and coming away with a ten point (or more!) win…[/quote]

Yeah, I hear ya. I’m also backing the Stormers on this one but your right the Cheetahs can upset. The other game that could also swing both ways is the Blues - Brumbies game.

Apart from the SB game we are in for a very good rugby weekend again. Damn, this year’s S14 is a try festival. Good to watch. :smiley:

Last round in the Six Nations 2010. Hope the Frogs can bash the Poms for the title and the Grand Slam! Saw the dropped Wilko from the English squad and made several changes. Hmmm… :ponder: Wonder how that’s going to work out for them. Also looking forward to the Scotland vs Ireland game. Should be a cracker.

I went with Wales, Ireland and France this week. I think we all did…

After the final round of Six Nations play, here is the Forumosa rugby Club log:

Bismarck wins the competition, with my wife taking second and Wairau in third. Jimipresley takes the Yellow Cap for the final round and ends above Wandering, giving him much pleasure. Wandering, I have a feeling you’re not going to hear the end of this for quite some time! I suggest nodding, and grunting, with the odd, “That’s nice…” thrown in for good measure.

Interestingly Wairau ended second on the Tainan Rugby Club log for the Six Nations behind my high school Friend Red Lion 74. Interestingly, the phenom known as Elf1nDrak3 ends bottom of the log… :ponder:

Here are the final round results:

[quote]France 12 - 10 England
Ireland 20 - 23 Scotland
Wales 33 - 10 Italy[/quote]

And here’s the final Six Nations 2010 Log:

[quote]1 France 8
2 Ireland 6
3 England 5
4 Wales 4
5 Scotland 3
6 Italy 2[/quote]
Vive la France!! Well done Les Bleus!!