Rugby: 2010 Super 14

Twenty four days to go before the kick-off of the 2010 Super 14. I’ve created this thread as a general Super 14 thread, weekly games, taking pot shots at the hapless Lions, anything.
But I’d like to kick it off with Superbru. I’ve already activated my account for the 2010 Super 14 and created a Forumosa Rugby Club pool. The guys who participated in the November 2009 end of year tour should be getting an invite e-mail. However, this is a shout out to all those guys and any new punters who would like to join us in picking scores and ribbing each other for things like picking the Lions to win…any game… :wink:

The procedure is the same as last time, in fact, if you’ve participated before it’s even easier as your account is still active and you just need to enter the Super 14 competition. When you register it gives you an option to enter a pool code. The Pool Code for the Forumosa Rugby Club is: tapemuse

If you have any problems, send me a pm.

Everyone is welcome.

Edit: Elf1nDrak3 has already joined! :discodance: As has Wandering! :thumbsup:

Count me in.This year is gonna be great for Super rugby.Lots of strong squads.Hopefully some of the teams that promise sooo much,will actually deliver this year (ARE YOU HEARING ME IN WELLINGTON??) and make the Brutes and Saders work for their eventual finals spots. The Brumbies look to have a very good squad.
Looking forward to see how King Carlos goes at Bizos favorite franchise the Lions.
Go Canes!!

[quote=“Wandering”]Count me in.This year is gonna be great for Super rugby.Lots of strong squads.Hopefully some of the teams that promise sooo much,will actually deliver this year (ARE YOU HEARING ME IN WELLINGTON??) and make the Brutes and Saders work for their eventual finals spots. The Brumbies look to have a very good squad.
Looking forward to see how King Carlos goes at Bizos favorite franchise the Lions.
Go Canes!![/quote]
Don’t think the Bulls are going to do very well this year. I think we’ll be happy with a semi spot, but not sure it’s going to be on the cards. I have a feeling the Stormers (puke puke!!) and the Sharks will be the Saffa teams to watch this year. Reckon the Lions may get a spot or two away from the bottom of the pile, but I think the Cheetahs will be wooden spoonists again.

I think the Aussie teams will be much the same Excellent first half for the Tahs, but I think they’ll be true to form and disappoint in the second half of the competition again. Have a feeling the Brumbies are going to do very well this year. Reds should be dark horses again and with the loss of several stars like Giteau I think the Force will struggle. Doubt their ex-Lions flyhalf Pretorius will help them much. Doubt he’ll even survive injury to make it through the entire tournament.

Have a very strong suspicion the New Zeland sides will do very well this year. My favourite to win are the Saders. Doubt the Chiefs will repeat their success of last year, but I think the Canes will do much better. The Blues and the 'Landers will both be dark hrses with some excellent performances knocking off a few of the favourites.

Bit early for predictions, but my gut tells me the top four will be:

1. Crusaders
  2. Stormers
  3. Hurricanes
  4. Sharks or Brumbies

I reckon position 2-6 on the log in the final week will be wide open, although the Crusaders should be far enough ahead to secure a home semi spot.

Bottom four?
11. Reds
12. Lions
13. Force
14. Cheetahs

Mr B,have you decided which of the NZ teams you will be throwing your support behind…where is the ‘shit-stirrer’ smilie???

I’ll be supporting the Crusaders (with a jersey!). :smiling_imp:

Depends who they play, but I have a Chiefs and a Highlanders jersey for when they play the Stormers and the Lions.

Other than that, I’ll still be backing my beloved Bulls and Sharks. I like the Crusaders because they have a lot of players that I really like. Guys like Carter. And if dreams came true, one day I would find myself living in Christchurch or thereabouts.

Depends who they play, but I have a Chiefs and a Highlanders jersey for when they play the Stormers and the Lions.

Other than that, I’ll still be backing my beloved Bulls and Sharks. I like the Crusaders because they have a lot of players that I really like. Guys like Carter. And if dreams came true, one day I would find myself living in Christchurch or thereabouts.[/quote]
You had better brush up on your black magic and goat slaughtering skills if you want to be welcomed into the Village of the Damned…mind you gouging out one of your eyes would probably be sufficient. :2cents:

Beware the menace. Never underestimate The Bulls!

Urm. I used to say that about The Mighty Elephants. :blush:

Other than that, I’ll still be backing my beloved Bulls and Sharks. I like the Crusaders because they have a lot of players that I really like. Guys like Carter. And if dreams came true, one day I would find myself living in Christchurch or thereabouts.[/quote]
You had better brush up on your black magic and goat slaughtering skills if you want to be welcomed into the Village of the Damned…mind you gouging out one of your eyes would probably be sufficient. :2cents:[/quote]
:roflmao: I’ve noticed Christchurch doesn’t seem that popular amongst actual New Zealanders… The pictures look so idyllic, though. :idunno:

Haha, :smiley: The Super 14 is the one I enjoy the most at Superbru. :discodance:

Yes, it’s still early days and all the teams are still only barking. :loco:
Some buy some very interresting players (uhummm …Lions … Stormers). :ohreally:
My heart will always scream Bulls, but my gut shouts Brumbies. I think Oz will surprise us this year.
My top 3 of the 4 would be Saders, Brumbies, Bulls. The 4th one is a wild card. :wink:

Anyhows, good luck! :popcorn:

We’re up to eight members. For those who haven’t joined yet, remember the pool code is: tapemuse

Edit: Better make that nine members. :thumbsup: Looking good so far.

cheers Bismark, I’m Wairau

I support Crusaders, Canes, Highlanders, Chiefs, Blues in that order

Preferably the first three, but we all know how good the Highlanders have been, so in reality I’m supporting Crusaders and Hurricanes

Hope we see all kiwi teams in the top 7 this year, with the top 4 spots all taken.

Stupidly early to be making predictions on the final outcome of this year’s S14,but after a couple of whiskeys or three,I feel up for it.
1.Saders
2.Brumbies
3.Shorks
4.Brutes
5.Blues (I must be drunk)
6.Canes
7.Tarts (tho I’d lurve to see them come in dead last)
8.Stormers
9.Highlanders
10.Reds
11.Farce
12.Chiefs
13.Cheaters
14.Lions
Please excuse my spelling and my obvious hatred of that Sydney based team.

lol…

I do think the Chiefs will do better than that!

[quote=“bismarck”]lol…

I do think the Chiefs will do better than that![/quote]
The Chiefs are my 2nd team,but they often start poorly and this year they will be captained by Sione Lazyaki for the first 3 rounds,whilst Mils gets some ‘well-deserved’ (WTF) rest (at the start of the fracking season).
On Superbru,I can understand why, before a prediction has been made in anger,Elf is top of the list and why you and your better half are 2nd and 3rd on the list.I can even live with being 5th…but what I can’t accept is that Jimi is in 4th.Please rectify this ASAP :noway: :no-no: :aiyo: :loco: :astonished: :unamused: :fume: :bluemad: :noway: :roflmao: :2cents:

[quote=“Wandering”]
On Superbru,I can understand why, before a prediction has been made in anger,Elf is top of the list and why you and your better half are 2nd and 3rd on the list.I can even live with being 5th…but what I can’t accept is that Jimi is in 4th[/quote]
Because I am a God. Bow down in deference.

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“Wandering”]
On Superbru,I can understand why, before a prediction has been made in anger,Elf is top of the list and why you and your better half are 2nd and 3rd on the list.I can even live with being 5th…but what I can’t accept is that Jimi is in 4th[/quote]
Because I am a God. Bow down in deference.[/quote]
A myopic god with very average rugby score prediction skills.I bow to no god but Richie McAwe :smiley:

[quote=“Wandering”]
A myopic god with very average rugby score prediction skills.I bow to no god but Richie McAwe :smiley:[/quote]
Yeah, but you’re number five and I’m number fawe.

I believe it’s alphabetical before the “war” starts. :wink:

I believe it’s alphabetical before the “war” starts. :wink:[/quote]
Can I change my name to aardvark?? :pray:

[quote=“Wandering”]
Can I change my name to aardvark?? :pray:[/quote]
It would be apt. Your predictions are similar to those of an aardvark.