Rugby: All Blacks Haka

Whether you are a Kiwi or not, that new All Blacks Haka (War Dance) was sensational against the South Africans yesterday. I don’t how long they have been doing the traditional “Ka Mate” haka, but it must be well over 50 years, so the creation of this one is quite a big deal in NZ, and the rest of the rugby world.

I tried to find a video link, but it might be too early to find one. It will be interesting to see it again next Sat at 3pm on Star Sports when the All Blacks take the Bledisloe Cup and the Tri Nations :wink:

found the video: (if you have never seen this or any haka, you will find it interesting)

Broadband
Dialup

Other interviews, pictures etc here: allblacks.com/

Man, it was the weirdest thing.
I think I fell in love with Umaga yesterday, which is weird as I usually like thin, arty type guys. He is just so amazingly hot. In fact, the entire NZ team is so much hotter than the South African guys.
They all have these super-looking small shorts too now. I think I’ll have to start watching rugby again. Too bad it seemed that nobody else liked my guy because whenever he got the ball and started racing towards the long white line everybody looked really unhappy.
He’s number 13 too, which makes him just so much cooler.
Nice video, indeed.

[quote=“twonavels”]Man, it was the weirdest thing.
I think I fell in love with Umaga yesterday, which is weird as I usually like thin, arty type guys. He is just so amazingly hot. In fact, the entire NZ team is so much hotter than the South African guys. [/quote]
It’s funny you should say that, cos all the South African women at the pub were saying the same thing. Mwahahahaha.

Man, I don’t know. It’s going to take some getting used to. It’s certainly ferocious as hell - and Tana, as usual, scared the shit out of me with it - but it doesn’t really stir me like the old one…

ahh, welcome back. Good to see your priorities are in the right place for your first post back…

No, the old one was much cooler. I don’t really feel like learning a new one either, but I guess I’ll see if I can find it somewhere online.
That is what is so hot about him. He is completely hardcore, but at the same time he has the most good-looking innocent-kinda babyface. I haven’t been this excited about a guy…well…since the last time I saw you. :wink:

:astonished:

I was suprised to learn the other day Tana is married with 2 kids.

The rate he is going he’s going to be Prime Minister of NZ next month. Everyone just loves him.

Have to say, I still find it a bit funny that the dude leading the Haka is an Islander rather than a Maori boy. :laughing:

and might be the first NZ islander to be knighted or whatever they have replaced that with…

They look like such sweet boys. Hot, sweaty, manly, crunchy…but sweet.

Welcome back, Tetsuo. Ya punk.

i think it’s high time for South africa to develop its own war cries. We must have some blood-curldling Zulu war cries over there.
Ngathi impi!
a war cry

Bayethe!
a royal salute

Ndabezitha!
a royal salute

[url=http://www.kwazulu.co.uk/pessay5.html]

“Wena weNdlovu! Wena weNdlovu!”
[/url]
a royal salute

[quote=“Rinkals”]I think it’s high time for South Africa to develop its own war cries. We must have some blood-curldling Zulu war cries over there.
Ngathi impi!
[/quote]

I agree, bring it on. It’s a matter of time before the Haka becomes too un-PC for the IRB.

Yeah, too bad they looked more like butterflies than elephants when faced with the mighty black boys of the Kiwi team.

Be fair, they had no war cry. Shaka’s war cries inspired the impi rather to die than to return with a wounded back. Or was it his discipline. Don’t forget the hallucinogenic mushrooms either.

I’ve always loved the All Blacks hakka. Awesome. What a way to fire up your team. Gives me chills.

Twonavels,

here is another Tana pic to kick start your week:

it seems this haka is as sensational a sporting event as the underarm bowl… stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3392456a10,00.html

NZ a Rugby mad nation? Never.

My youngest sister was working in a Wellington cafe a few years back while studying at Victoria University. Tana Umaga walked into the cafe. Other people were making a fuss about the ‘famous person’ in the cafe. She had no idea who Tana was and the reason for the other’s excitement until someone told her.

Before I came to Asia five years ago I flatted with a part-Fijian/part-Maori who had named his son Tana partially after Umaga.

Cheers for the vids, Truant. I missed seeing the game. :blush:

Exactly what I thought.

Man, Truant, that kickstarted more than just my week. Especially since the guy in front isn’t bad either. He’s no Tana though…Umaga is like my Heathcliff in black shorts.