Rugby: British/Irish Lions Tour of New Zealand '05

matchstick man, i reckon my taiwan tv is better than yours cos the lions scored 109 on mine!

the changes have been rung for the 2nd test, should be better!

let’s face it, could it get any worse?

[quote=“jeffoasis”]matchstick man, i reckon my taiwan tv is better than yours cos the lions scored 109 on mine!

let’s face it, could it get any worse?[/quote] That would make your TV worse, from my perspective. I didn’t stick around to watch that last conversion shot. For Manawatu, it could have been worse, they could have had the same score run up against them by Japan or Tonga.

Funnily enough Manawatu will make the First Division this century… 2006 to be exact!

What with the new and expanded NPC and all… God, wait till they have to play Canterbury! If the Lions can put 100 points on them then I’d hate to see what a decent team could do!!!

Go the Palmy-Army!!!

Cheers!

Daryl (BOP fan)

[quote=“daryl_ks”]

Funnily enough Manawatu will make the First Division this century… 2006 to be exact!

What with the new and expanded NPC and all… God, wait till they have to play Canterbury! If the Lions can put 100 points on them then I’d hate to see what a decent team could do!!!

Go the Palmy-Army!!!

Cheers!

Daryl (BOP fan)[/quote]I should write horoscopes. That actually may mean they’ll retain players instead of losing them to north of the Bombay Hill or south of Levin. Wearing green or white could be lucky. The combination of the two colours will also have some relevance. The number 15 will probably have some significance. In the relationship stakes it’s only a game but there are two halves however there’ll be a winner on the day. If things go positively, that winner will be you.

Good atmosphere at the Brass Monkey last Saturday. Will probably head there again tomorrow at 3.

11:30 Church wedding bit.

3.pm Pub

6:30 wedding reception. Please let the lions not be as bad as last weekend or I may end up in a very bad way at my own wedding reception! :pray:

[quote=“butcher boy”]11:30 Church wedding bit.

3.pm Pub

6:30 wedding reception. Please let the lions not be as bad as last weekend or I may end up in a very bad way at my own wedding reception! :pray:[/quote]Pre-congratulations on one of tomorrow’s events anyway.

[quote=“butcher boy”]11:30 Church wedding bit.

3.pm Pub

6:30 wedding reception. Please let the lions not be as bad as last weekend or I may end up in a very bad way at my own wedding reception! :pray:[/quote]
Congratulations, butcher boy!

Good to see Rugby fans have all their priorities in order…

Cheers!

Daryl

[quote=“daryl_ks”]Good to see Rugby fans have all their priorities in order…

Cheers!

Daryl[/quote]

Yeah, watching the Lions get crushed is well worth it.

What a great display of rugby tonight!! 48-18, and 33 points scored by one incredible 23 year old.

Dan Carter, YOU ARE THE MAN

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

http://www.allblacks.com/index.cfm?layout=playerProfile&playerID=529

Jonny WHO?

[quote=“truant”]What a great display of rugby tonight!! 48-18, and 33 points scored by one incredible 23 year old.

Jonny WHO?[/quote] LOL

Talked to a guy who was there and he has said (as has the NZ media) that it was the most amazing match ever! Especially in terms of Kiwi support… AB fans outsang the Lions fans… AWESOME…

Roll on the Tri-Nats… can’t wait for the GRand Slam!

Cheers!

Daryl

Best individual performance I’ve ever seen. Quite outstanding!

My brother-in-law managed to acquire 2 of the best seats in the stadium, right in the covered Silver section on half way.

He thought the tour was going to turn into a yawner, so sold them.
:doh:

The most physical game I’ve watched in ages.

Glad to have missed my afternoon nap for that game. Oh, and I had kiwis call me for the score… it seems that it was on late in NZ.

It was on late on TV3 (free)… but live if you have Sky (digital TV)

Yes, even in NZ we have to pay to watch our rugby now…

Cheers!

Daryl

[quote=“daryl_ks”]It was on late on TV3 (free)… but live if you have Sky (digital TV)

Yes, even in NZ we have to pay to watch our rugby now…

Cheers!

Daryl[/quote]

So sad, we watch it for free up here.

Due to other commitments I didn’t get to see Saturday’s game. I won’t see this Saturday’s either. Today’s Auckland game was about close as I thought it was going to be.

I honestly struggle to imagine what commitments could possibly be more important than watching RUGBY!!!

I mean, one guy even fit the match into his wedding plans!

I for one am sacrificing valuable computer playing and inernet surfing time in order to watch the great game…

Cheers!

Daryl